title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skin Review: Curt: StudioPro

Skin Review: Curt: StudioPro

A problem with studio pro, it dit work only as remote and it was studiostandard.

Baloe

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Skin Review: Curt: StudioPro

Most peculiar. I just deleted the file that I had on my machine and redownloaded and reinstalled the skin from the skin site and am finding no problems.

By remote, do you mean the remote that displays when you hover your mouse over the tray icon? Or are you talking about the main player? They both look similar in this version.

The main amp has buttons down the right side of it, whereas the Tray remote does not. The StudioPro version of this skin expands only by pressing the "Studio" button from the main amp window.

Take a look at which one you are seeing and let me know. We can go from there.

Thanks.
    Craze

I had no problems of this kind, but of some other....
    when I downloaded it and installed it, it was off screen, far off screen... this was of course, solved by changing some data in registry...

now how did this happen? I don't know, maybe it was a glytch on my PC, this was right after install of skin, no moving involved...

Hi,

The problem is i didn't get a main player at all only "the tray remote". I think it is off screen also?

Baloe

dBpoweramp Guru

I've created a new Skin Install for StudioPro and have reloaded it to Illustrate's Skin site. (Will fix on Razgo's site when I know this one is good for sure).

The problem may have manifested itself when I updated the skin to inlcude the backdrop option. I had changed display resolutions a few times while testing just prior to creating the update August 1, 2004.

Please try it again and let me know if this fixed the problem. I appreciate your report.

Thanks - Craze

Hi Craze,

I did download again, still didn't work. I've also download the studio, this one worked perfect.
    The problem is i don't get any main player on screen, it only appears on tray.

Baloe

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks Baloe. Sorry that there's a problem. I'm checking with Spoon to find out more. It appears that the "X" "Y" positioning coordinates for the MainAmp have become corrupt. There is a fix for this to follow. But I'm looking at resolving this issue so users won't have to resort to the fix.

Click Start--> Run
    Type --> regedit --> Click OK

Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER tree and navigate to the StudioPro folder.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Illustrate/dBpowerAMP/Skin/StudioPro/Amp/MainAmp.

Click on the MainAmp folder.
    Look in the right side window for the files "X" and "Y" and note the value that is in paranthesis at the end of their file line. (Its probably a huge number).

Right click on "X" and select Modify.
    Select decimal. Then type in 10 in the Data Value . Click OK.

Repeat for "Y". Then close.

This should return the MainAmp back to your display.

Hope this is helpful.
    Craze
    Last edited by Craze; 08-08-2004 at 09:35 AM.

Hi craze,

Yep this works, thanks.

By the way , A big "A" or ten for disign!

Baloe :smile2:

this is very weird... it shouldn't happen... maybe the exe should be recompiled... then it could work? I mean, skin designer doesn't include those coordinates anyway, so this is very weird...

Hi,

X and y did have a value of -295 and -345 or something like that.

Baloe

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by donny
    this is very weird... it shouldn't happen... maybe the exe should be recompiled... then it could work? I mean, skin designer doesn't include those coordinates anyway, so this is very weird...
    Hi Donny,
    Yes this is very weird.
    What is most difficult in trying to resolve this issue is that I can't duplicate this on my pc when I delete, create new dAPSkinInstall, upload, download from dB's Skin Site, and reinstall. Everything displays properly. Perhaps its because I'm the author? Don't know.

I've just recreated the .exe file by creating a new named skin based upon StudioPro, deleting the original, and recreating the file from the new named file...if that made any sense.
    One thing I'll also try is to create the dAPSkinInstall with the skin fully expanded, which should give it more area to display in without getting lost.

I'll upload it to dB's Skin site immediately. If anyone would be willing to test it and report back.
    Thanks - Craze

No, you cannot recreate the conditions, cause while you were making it the registry settings are made, so when you reinstall it keeps the settings... or at least I think

And, no the skin fully expanded idea won't work cause the skin designer doesn not pack in variables (i.e. which parts are on)

dBpoweramp Guru

I think you're right Donny. I deleted the file from the registry and retried it. Sure enough, the skin did not display from the downloaded install file. It was as you and Baloe had reported. (Thanks to you both).
    The values of "X" = 0xffffff0f (4294967055) "Y" = 0xfffffe76 (4294966902)

I went looking in the Registry for other clues.

I'm assuming that whatever "USERevt" commands a skinner may use in a specific skin design (i.e., USERevtShowBackdrop) should only show up in that skins MainAmp folder.

Would this be a correct assumption?

What I'm finding is that some USERevt commands I created specifically for DualPro and StudioPro are showing up in many other skins folders including the Default Player skin.
    This doesn't seem normal. But I don't know how all of this really works or is tied together. I just draw pictures...and input them into the Skin Designer and hope it all works correctly.

Craze

dBpoweramp Guru

i don't have a problem with it. i don't see a system tray though. but that's not something i often use.

here is the screen shot of what should be seen? http://www.sensory-fusion.com/galler...o.php?photo=49

well at least that's what i see.

the only other thing i noticed is the "studio standard" top left box shows up first and then a second later the rest appears and comes together. also the VU metres start off far flung off screen to the right but then they spring back to the center very quickly.

why does it say studio standard instead of pro?
    Last edited by Razgo; 08-11-2004 at 02:11 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Your screen shot is how it should display with the "Studio" option button activated. The player part (top left) is the main amp. The VU' & EQ are expandable sliding skins.

Strange that you got the main part of the skin but no Tray remote while others are getting just the opposite. I may have to rebuild it from scratch in order to get a good file that works correctly for everyone.

Just wondering if your registry entry for dAP's Default skin shows any USERevt commands from any other skins? Commands that appear to be extras that don't really fit the Default,...and can't be found from within the Skin Designer when the Default skin is loaded in?