title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Disk space error

Disk space error

I'm trying to create an audio CD from a folder of mp3 files with a fully paid for and registered version of CD Writer, but every time I move an mp3 file to the cd I get a dialog called "Errors Whilst Converting" that contains the message:
    "Unable to write to 'C:\Documents and Settings\[...]\01_Square One.IGNORE', disk full?
    Error copying CD File, lack of disk space on drive C?"
    Yet there is 3.6 Gb free on drive C.

I'm probably doing something stupid. Does anyone know what that thing is?

Much obliged,
    Calmic

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Disk space error

Quote Originally Posted by calmic
    I'm trying to create an audio CD from a folder of mp3 files with a fully paid for and registered version of CD Writer, but every time I move an mp3 file to the cd I get a dialog called "Errors Whilst Converting" that contains the message:
    "Unable to write to 'C:\Documents and Settings\[...]\01_Square One.IGNORE', disk full? Error copying CD File, lack of disk space on drive C?"
    Yet there is 3.6 Gb free on drive C.
    If you are NOT logged in as an administrator, AND you are trying to write to an area that you would not have a permission to write to, then you might get a message like that above.

Of course, I do not know if this applies in your case. If it does, try to perform the same action while logged in as an administrator and see if you get the same error. In general, please give more information - operating system, configuration, detailed account of actions taken - it helps to get more pertinent and timely help.

Administrator

>Unable to write to 'C:\Documents and Settings\[...]\01_Square One.IGNORE'

is that the full line or have you edited to post? [...] would be an illegal folder name

I assume he edited out the long part of the file path. Its probably just '\username\My Documents\<subdirectories>\01_Square One.IGNORE'

sounds like the user your logged on as is reaching their disk quota limit for that drive

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am getting confused in this thread.. Calmic = LtData? Who is having the original write-to-disk problem?

Whoops, thought this was a different thread when I replied to it, my bad!
    *removes his reply*