title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

LAME 3.97 Recommended

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezra2323
    • Aug 2003

LAME 3.97 Recommended

Spoon, now that 3.97 is official and replaces 3.96.1, are you going to update your program? I ask primarily becuase the dll does not allow us to use all of the cool new presets like -V 1 or -V 3, or at least I do not know how to. APS, APE and others are the only options. Some of these correspond to the new "V" system like APS = V 2. But V 1 and V 3 in particular do not have settings in dBPoweramp that I can see.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: LAME 3.97 Recommended

See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8146
    Short answer: You can update your version of LAME to the new version. As for Spoon updating, that will probably be with dMC r12.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

3.97 is still in beta, it will appear in a dbpoweramp when it comes out of beta, or possibly before (on the expectation it will leave beta before the next music converter is released).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ezra2323
        • Aug 2003

Thanks Spoon.

LTData (thanks for your excellent help on the Apple lossless question by the way!), I was not referring to simply replacing the old DLL file with the new. I have done that. My issue is that in DBPoweramp, selections using the new "V" presets are not an option. There are only pre-defined selections, like alt preset standard.

Spoon, did you see the who beta naming controversy at HA? :smile2: Those guys can argue anything for hours!

Just my 2 cents, but since it is officially recommended, and 3.96.1 never was, I think you are good to release an update to 3.97 without waiting for beta to be removed. Just my 2 cents though - you call the shots!

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

But the thing is, it is beta for a reason. And mabye when they release the final version, it'll change something that will break the updated interface for the beta. You can still use the new switches if you get the new LAME exe and use this codec: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp3-lame.htm
          Its a LAME CLI codec that allows you to pass switches to LAME that the dMC .dll doesn't have. In your case, the switches are updated from 3.96.1.

Comment

• ezra2323
            • Aug 2003

Thanks again, Ltdata. I did not even notic ethis option in codec central!

Comment

• ezra2323
              • Aug 2003

I installed the CLI encoder, swapped the LAME.EXE (3.96.1) for LAME. EXE (3.97) and ran the program using the following command line to convert an Apple Lossless file.
              -V 0 --vbr-new --id3v2-only --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d
              No file was created. Anyone know what I am doing incorrectly?

FYI, I have the beta MP4 codec and can convert easily using the DLL encoder so that is not the issue.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Check the help file for the Lame CLI Codec, it should tell you what options you need there.

Comment

• probedb
                  • Sep 2006

3.97 is no longer in beta!!

Finally :D

Comment

Working...

]]>