title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I convert MP3 files to .cda?

Question How do I convert MP3 files to .cda?

I have MP3 files I need to convert to .cpa. But I don't see that option in the drop down for files to convert to. I tried the.. Audio CD... option, but it converts it to .wma, my CD player at work won't play those.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Re: How do I convert MP3 files to .cda?

You have to use a CD burning program to burn the mp3 files into either an audio CD or a data mp3 CD. These burning programs include Nero, Easy CD&DVD Creator, and dbPowerAmp CD Writer.

I have a burning program, Nero, but before I burn any music, I need to convert them to .cda... I don't want to burn MP3 files...I want to convert MP3's to .cda's...

the Codec Center says...dBpowerAMP CD Writer is able to write CDA files... but I don't know how to convert to .cda.

Are you trying to make an Audio CD? Just tell Nero you want to make an Audio CD and drag your mp3 files over to the compilation window. Nero will convert these files to .cda "files" and write the CD.

The thing about .cda files is that all they do is point the computer/player to the location on the CD where the audio is. The files off of a CD are useless.

dBpoweramp Guru

you know what, GrammaSue, you were misled. CDA files are just what Microsoft uses to identify the audio files. Really, those CDA files lead to WAVE files, which make up a regular Audio CD.

In Nero Express, just go under Music, select Audio CD, and choose the files you want to be part of the Audio CD. All the files on the newly burned Audio CD will be WAVEs, but under Windows, it'll show up as CDA>

Thanks so much.. guess your never too old to ... live and learn.. and I bought the fully loaded Writer thinking I needed that to convert the files.. I did what you said and used Nero and burned using Audio.. it worked...

Thanks again

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by grammasue
    Thanks so much.. guess your never too old to ... live and learn.. and I bought the fully loaded Writer thinking I needed that to convert the files.. I did what you said and used Nero and burned using Audio.. it worked...

Thanks again

Sue
    Well, the dMC Cd Writer program allows you to burn audio cd's from all different types of compressed audio files, as long as you have the codecs installed for them.

Nero only allows to burn audio cd's from .wav files or (lately) .mp3 files.

Don't worry, you did not waste your money on the dMC CD Writer program at all. It will come in handy at one time or another.

Question Re: How do I convert MP3 files to .cda?

Ok, i don't use nero or any of the other burning soft's mentioned in these poosts...i use BurnOn (and till now it has been good to me) but since the .cda crap came about i can't burn audio can someone help? BurnOn doesn't view .cda's as a usable file name.

As said above, you can't do anything with .cda files. Their purpose is to put to the location of the audion on the CD itself. If the files are not on an audio CD, they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Katakyna
    Ok, i don't use nero or any of the other burning soft's mentioned in these poosts...i use BurnOn (and till now it has been good to me) but since the .cda crap came about i can't burn audio can someone help? BurnOn doesn't view .cda's as a usable file name.
    What .cda crap came about and where?

.cda is the extension of audio cd tracks when viewed in Windows Explorer. As LtData said, it's just a pointer to the actual file on the audio cd, but you yourself cannot go to that file, a player pointed to the .cda file will play the correspondig track.

You don't directly make .cda files, they get created when you burn an audio cd from other audio files, by whichever program you use.

If you can't burn audio then the problem lies in either your cd burner, your types of files you are trying to make your audio cd with or any number of other problems on your pc including possible viruses.

dBpoweramp Guru

Eh, this is so repeated. I see repeated threads like this over and over and over and over again.

CDA is a POINTER file. You burn mp3s, WAVs, Ogg Vorbis files, WMA files, etc etc, onto the audio CD. Your CD burning program should be able to convert these to audio cd format. After the burn is complete, they should read as trackXX.cda under Windows Explorer...

I'm sorry to add to this thread but i have a simple question. I have a cd i got from a friend and it has several songs in Wav format but are named JUST Track 1, Track 2 and so on. I want to copy them to my PC so i can convert them to MP3 format so i can use then on an MP3 player, NOT burn to a cd. When i copy them to my PC all i get is a CDA file. How can i do this. Thanks :D

Sorry i have my question under the wrong title. How do I convert MP3 files to .cda?
    Last edited by CJDeuce; 06-16-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Wrong Title

Use CD ripping software, such as dMC's "Audio CD Ripper" to rip your audio CD to mp3.

Thank you :D

I used Nero, and I still couldn't play the disc in my car system, I need to make them CDA first. Nero did not help me at all, it just wasted a disc.