title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: audio file format problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

audio file format problem

I have an RCA RP5016 (digital voice recorder) it saves the audio in a voc file format..however the voc converter for dbpowerAMP doesnt seem to convert it at all. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Bryan

Re: audio file format problem

The voc codec for dMC only reads voc format files, it does not encode.
    I have done some brief research. I am not sure that the RCA RP5016 can actually transfer material from the computer although it does advertise the ability to transfer to the computer. If it can be done, you should probably start with the manufacturer's software. You can update/download this software here:
    http://www.rca.com/content/viewdetai...700632,00.html

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

the software that came with the rp5016 only converts the voc file into an .exe file and builds this digital voice manager software into it...all this software does is allow one to listen to the file, you cant convert to wav or mp3 or even edit the audio file...i dont get it..i thought that perhaps dbpoweramp could help me possibly

Quote Originally Posted by bkaplan
    the software that came with the rp5016 only converts the voc file into an .exe file and builds this digital voice manager software into it...all this software does is allow one to listen to the file, you cant convert to wav or mp3 or even edit the audio file...i dont get it..i thought that perhaps dbpoweramp could help me possibly
    Well, if this allows you to listen to the voc file, then you're one step closer to being able to get an audio file out of it.

Use dMC Auxiliary Input in conjunction with the software for playing the voc file and capture the audio to a wav. Start dMC Auxliary Input, configure it properly to record to a wav (or some other format if you wish), start the player software for the voc and record what it plays.

There are many threads here dealing with how to use dMC Auxiliary Input. Just do a search.

When all else fails, dMC Auxiliary Input is really the ultimate solution :D

Are you trying to take your voc file from the recorder, open it and convert it to another format?
    Or are you trying to take files from the computer, convert them to voc and feed them back into the recorder?
    This morning I assumed you were atempting the second, but it looks like you might be attempting the first.
    If so, you might try checking, and changing if necessary, your file associations for your voc files. To do this, you can go
    Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP>Configuration>File Associations or you can go Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>File Associations. Find the listing for .voc files and make sure that either dMC or Windows will associate dMC with your .voc files.
    As a check, go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Configuration. Scroll down the screen to the section that says "Installed Input Codecs (Read)". Make sure the voc codec is listed there.
    Then you will have to see if you can access the files from the Voice Recorder through the USB. You will have to open dMC and navigate through your directory until you can access the Voice Recorder through the USB.
    Is that what you've been trying to do?
    If so, what has happened?
    If this is not the process you have been following, what have you tried?
    Details on the problems you are encountering (for example-dMC not recognizing your .voc files, getting codec error messages, screen freezing,...) would also be very helpful.
    Let us know what you find out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered

I am also having the same issue with a rca digital voice recorder (rp5016)

It is a great unit(USB, removable memory(SD 70hr HQ w 256M)) except for the limited software and/or proprietary file format issue.
    The software (Digital Voice Manager) only plays the files(no export or
    editing functionality)
    - VOC extension makes it look like a soundblaster file but it isn't
    - I was able to figure out some of the format by inspection

00-0E "V432_Voice_File"
    0F unknown (0x13)
    10 Year (0x04)
    11 Month (0x09)
    12 Day (0x08)
    13 Hour (0x0D)
    14 Min (0x35)
    15 Sec (0x25)
    16 Dur - Hour (0x00)
    17 Dur - Min (0x15)
    18 Dur - Sec (0x14)
    19-1C data_offset? (0x53 0x02 0x00 0x00) - this is where I got lost - I
    am not sure if this interpretaion is correct.

I then wrote a C program to write out the next 100 bytes as
    uchar/ushort/ulong/float/double but none of the output made sense to me ( I
    produced output for both little and big endian just in case - I think it is Big Endian,

I bought RCA RP 5022 digital voice recorder recently.I could not transfer and play sound files in wav format from my pc onto the recorder. I came to know thru this forum that similar problems are being experienced by others. Is there any utility by which we can convert mp3/wav files into the RCA Digital voice recorder (RP5022) recognisable format? pl post any solution to this.
    ...padmini

Quote Originally Posted by bkaplan View Post
    I have an RCA RP5016 (digital voice recorder) it saves the audio in a voc file format..however the voc converter for dbpowerAMP doesnt seem to convert it at all. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Bryan
    RCA RP 5022 AUDIO PROBLEM PLAYBACK ON VISTA: CONVERT YOUR VOC. FILE TO A WAV WITH RCA SOFTWARE THEN OPEN QUICKTIME PLAYER FIND FILE AND PLAY VERSION 7.6.8 (1675) WORKED FOR ME

this is for the RCA voice recorder voc. format converter. the RCA voice recorder i got comes with converter software. and you can download it for free. the name of the software is digital voice manager. and you can download it for free at http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...voice-recorder

or just google digital voice manager and the first link brings you to the same sight. really its a dummy package made just for the voice recorder but it alows you to convert the voc. into the fare more common wav. format. which most programs can use. by inserting the voc. file into the program and right clicking on it, it will bring up a drop down box whith one of the options being convert to wav. and then you will be asked to deside where you want the new wav. file to be placed after you continue with the proses you will end up with a wav. file of the thing you recorded with your RCA. voice recorder. to download the softtware package go to the website i gave and hit the click here to start download. then it will be saved in your downloads section of your browser. then click it and the instalation wizard will begin. fallow the steps and you will be converting those pesky voc. s in no time.

this is for the RCA voice recorder voc. format converter. the RCA voice recorder i got comes with converter software. and you can download it for free. the name of the software is digital voice manager. and you can download it for free at http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...voice-recorder

or just google digital voice manager and the first link brings you to the same sight. really its a dummy package made just for the voice recorder but it alows you to convert the voc. into the fare more common wav. format. which most programs can use. by inserting the voc. file into the program and right clicking on it, it will bring up a drop down box whith one of the options being convert to wav. and then you will be asked to deside where you want the new wav. file to be placed after you continue with the proses you will end up with a wav. file of the thing you recorded with your RCA. voice recorder. to download the softtware package go to the website i gave and hit the click here to start download. then it will be saved in your downloads section of your browser. then click it and the instalation wizard will begin. fallow the steps and you will be converting those pesky voc. s in no time.