title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Codec to convert from Audible Audio (.aa)

CursedAudible

Angry Codec to convert from Audible Audio (.aa)

The books on "MP3" service Audible.com actually sells files encoded in their own format. While I'm sure that the format has it's advantages, I would like to see dMC get a codec to convert it to more conventional formats. Currently the program Goldwave can do this, but I much prefer dMC.

This has probably been posted in the past, but I didn't see it on cursory inspection.

Thanks,
    ~C

Unregistered

Re: Codec to convert from Audible Audio (.aa)

You can use a utility called graphedit to convert an audible (aa) stream to mp3 or wav (other possibilities) and then dump to a file. It uses DirectShow filters, but allows the user to edit the input and output of the filter streams. This program can be found on some divX enthusiast sites. Try vcdhelp.com for starters.

Marilene

where can I find this graphedit program?

Unregistered

never mind. I guess I need to read th entire post before I ask questions huh?

Sorry for the mistake.

m

Unregistered

Using graphedit, can you give a step by step on a conversion from .aa to .mp3? Looked through the filters available in graphedit and couldn't figure out how exactly to use the program and make it through the conversion process...

Unregistered

Hi. I too would really like to be able to convert aa to mp3. However I would like even more to be able to convert mp3 to aa. This way I can convert 'spoken word' mp3 to aa and take advantage of the audiobook functions on my player such as fast/slow playback that are not available for standard mp3 files.

Unregistered

I would just like to know if anyone knows what program i can use to convert an mp3 into an aa (audible audio) file.

Unregistered

Unregistered

What's the license on the riverpast software?

How long can you use it without buying it?

Thx

Unregistered

email titlemanager@hotmail.com for any questions you might have for using River Past Audio Converter to convert .aa to .mp3 or if you need this prog.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Marilene
    where can I find this <B style="color:black;background-color:*ffff66">graphedit </B><B style="color:black;background-color:*A0FFFF">program</B>?

Unregistered

Just downloaded Audio Converter from RiverPast and tried to "add" an .aa file to be converted, but I got an error message saying it's not a recognizable audio file. The I checked the input files the converter supports. Audible.com programs (.aa files) aren't included.

roamer

I noticed RiverPast recently removed support for .aa files

Is it possible to use an older version or incorporate an extra plugin?

Regards,

Pix Collector

Version 5.0 supported conversion of Audible files, but they removed that functionality in the most recent incarnation. I looked around for the old version, but most of the download sites just point you back to the River Past download page.
    If anyone knows where one could obtain version 5.0, please share.
    -Shawn