title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

i am trying to convert my own music (my copyright) to mp3 so i can get it onto the web. i am brand new to this and ahave only a little experience with html. can someone walk me thru this? and please dont say right click on the song i want to convert--it doesnt do anything (1 cuz theres no right clicker, and 2, cuz its protected)help!

Unregistered

Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

ps. im on a mac and have itunes

Diamondhawk

Another way is to run a stereo patch cable from the speaker or headphone jack on your sound card to the line-in jack, then use recording software (I use Record Producer) to record the output from the player software -Real Player or Quick Time. Start the player first, then the recorder. It's real easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondhawk
    Another way is to run a stereo patch cable from the speaker or headphone jack on your sound card to the line-in jack, then use recording software (I use Record Producer) to record the output from the player software -Real Player or Quick Time. Start the player first, then the recorder. It's real easy.
    Holy smokes!

Why not use dMC Auxiliary Input instead of patch cable and anything else including Record Producer? That's total overkill :D

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i am trying to convert my own music (my copyright) to mp3 so i can get it onto the web. i am brand new to this and ahave only a little experience with html. can someone walk me thru this? and please dont say right click on the song i want to convert--it doesnt do anything (1 cuz theres no right clicker, and 2, cuz its protected)help!
    Do you mean your own music is only available on the web? and you don't have a copy of it on cd?

Where is it on the web, if I may ask?

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hi,
    Here is from where you can download TotalRecorder.
    www.totalrecorder.com

For the serial *, just look at the end of my webpage (www.geocities.com/le_revolte2002) and you're gonna find it there.

Let me know if it works.
    le_revolte2002@yahoo.fr
    Hi,

Im sorry, but I canīt reach you webpage, is there a problem with the link?

Unregistered

Maybe I am missing something, but why not burn the the M4p to a disk, and then rip the audio files to an MP3. Assuming you are using a M4P software that allows you to burn audio cds i.e. Itunes.

Unregistered

Smile Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

This is the answer :

http://www.hymn-project.org/

No need to burn a CD. You just need HYMN software !

Unregistered

But Hymn doesnīt work on my PC. Every time I receive an error message. And Iīm log on with administrator rights.

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

hey gilligan. can u give me your e-mail? i want u to convert some of my songs plz.=( u can keep a copy, i dont care. my email is
    the_lovable_peanut@yahoo.com
    plz and ty!

Unregistered

The method to do this is to use iTunes to burn the M4P's (or M4A's) to a CD. Then use something like the free version of MusicMatch JukeBox, available here: http://www.musicmatch.com/download/f...tbasic_jbpromo , and RIP the CD into nice, usable MP3s. It works just great, though from what I read M4A and M4P are better audio formats than MP3, not that anyone playing the files on an MP3 player would really be able to tell the difference.

= = ==> The unknown converter

Unregistered

Easily Burn Apple purchased CD's

Very easy. To avoid confusion just use the burning software in iTunes. Create a new playlist on the left side and put the purchased music in there. Put a cd in and click burn disc on the top left side. Any problems, just write back here. Hope this helps.

Unregistered

Talking Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

burning one M4P to CD and then ripping and converting to MP3 is time consuming and expensive.
    Here's what I do.
    1. Acquire your m4p and bring it into ITunes if not already DL from ITunes.
    2. Get and open "WireTap" from http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/freebies/
    3.Since you would normally listen to your new song anyway it won't take any extra time to (a) click record button in WireTap and then double click the song in ITunes. WireTap is now recording your song into AIFF format.
    4. You can now convert it to MP3. I use "mAC3dec". (It also does batch converting).
    5. I then use MP3Rage to tag it.
    Note: I don't notice any loss of sound quality. But then again I'm 65 and have appreciable hearing loss.

Unregistered

Talking Re: Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!

PS: The previous instructions were for macintosh computers. If your using windows your sh.t out of luck.

Administrator

If you are using windows just use hymm which is in this forum FAQ - will convert direct from m4p to m4a