title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Copy protection help

Copy protection help

Hey, guys.

Sorry if the subject illicits a moan :o

Anyway, believe it or not, I just purchased my first copy protected CD--Norah Jones, Feels Like Home. It's from EMI. Didn't notice the copy protection until I got home, popped it in the cd drive, and it wanted to install some type of player.

So....I ripped with poweramp to ape. It was very slow compared to normal cd's, but it did rip. Only problem now it that there are some pops in the playback. Not loud ones...but they are there.

Anyone get this ripped successfully??

Got a feeling I'll have to do the Aux input thing...

Thanks

Re: Copy protection help

Try holding shift when you insert the CD and for about 15 seconds afterwards. Also, try turning off Table of Contents Detection (Options --> Standard CD Player Emulation --> Table of Contents Detection) by unchecking it. If you still get pops, you will have to use Aux. Input.

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

...and sorry for putting this in the wrong forum. Didn't even see this one. My bad...

dBpoweramp Guru

no need to be sorry. thats what moderators are for. you can post wherever you think is right knowing no one here will chastise you for it. (well they shouldn't do)

Thanks, Razgo. I was a moderator on another board for quite sometime. So, I know what it's like to constantly move threads. Not that I really minded.

As for the subject, the shift key did the trick