title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping's stopped working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisE
    • Dec 2014

Ripping's stopped working

Hi

Been using the ripper for a few days on trial and now paid up for the full version and it's stopped working. It will identify and load metadata, play the album but just clicks through from track to track when I want to rip. Rip working ok with windows media. I fails to rip CD's that it ripped before without a problem. Tried inserting several CD's without ripping to see if that helped without success. It ran the offset popup before it went wrong.

My apologies for lack of technical knowledge. Anyone know what's wrong please?

Powerbook running on XP

fault log shows this for all tracks;
    Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'E:\Ripped File\Ry Cooder\Why Don't You Try Me Tonight¿ The Best of Ry Cooder\01 Ry Cooder - How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live¿.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'E:\Ripped File\Ry Cooder\Why Don't You Try Me Tonight¿ The Best of Ry Cooder\01 Ry Cooder - How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live¿.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping's stopped working

It means that CD Ripper cannot rip to the location:

E:\

check that it exists.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChrisE
      • Dec 2014

Cunning plan. Spot on

Thanks. The day looks better already.

Comment

• Tommay
        • Nov 2013

Same thing here. Ripped fine last week, but yesterday CD Ripper could not find my Synology 213j NAS. Created new profile and ripped just fine to hard drive instead, then copied files across. I can't think what changes i have made to invalidate CD Ripper access to the NAS? NAS otherwise performing perfectly as UPnP etc. Running OS X 10.10.1 and dBpoweramp Mac 1.0 beta 10 (1). Aware that it is unlikely to be the software but any thoughts appreciated. I will ask the same question on the Synology forum.

Enjoying the Mac version.

Tommay

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try unmounting and remounting the network share, also restart the mac, network share access on the mac is not as good as windows (from personal experience).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>