title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping alac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ianseward
    • Dec 2014

Ripping alac

In order to play back alac on my iPad i want to rip into my wd cloud drive in alac
    Sometimes it works but usually the I pad cannot read the music file the art is ok
    Does the ripper encode alac as Apple does or is it incomplete
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping alac

We use Apples own code to encode Apple Lossless, try to play the tracks in iTunes. Note that iPad / iPhone will not play any higher than 48KHz
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ianseward
      • Dec 2014

Hi spoon
      Can't use iTunes because when the iPad is on wed my cloud it plays back whilst streaming in real time
      Also sometimes when ripping in alac the process will take far too long with the cd drive hardly moving
      It seems to depend on the cd and I did convert from flac to slack with some success but usually with the same error cannot play file?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the disc is ripped with an AccurateRip verification, then it does not matter how slowly it is ripped.

The issue is most likely the WD My Cloud NAS is not able to read the Apple Lossless files, it potentially will be converting the files whilst streaming. Try as a test iTunes, if it can play the files they are 100% without error.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ianseward
          • Dec 2014

Hi
          I will try that
          I am convinced it is something on the cd though that confuses the software
          Tonight I ripped a different cd and it was ok
          All of the cd's are unscratched
          Thx

Comment

Working...

]]>