title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sync

Sync

Sorry, but can not figure out how to sync ripped CDs to a thumb drive.

Administrator

Re: Sync

You would use Batch Converter, select your collection by checking the music folder, then convert. If there are existing files and you want to update only new, click no when asked to overwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would use Batch Converter, select your collection by checking the music folder, then convert. If there are existing files and you want to update only new, click no when asked to overwrite.
    Sorry, but this is totally not working. How do I get my money back?

I must be missing something. What I wanted was software that would rip a CD to my harddrive and sync with a thumb drive. HELP!!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

what exactly do you mean by sync. Keep the thumbdrive up to date with all the files that are on your harddrive?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    what exactly do you mean by sync. Keep the thumbdrive up to date with all the files that are on your harddrive?
    Yes, thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AdaL View Post
    Yes, thanks.
    My suggestion. Use dbpoweramp to rip to your local HDD. Once you're happy with those files (i.e., you've done any tinkering with the tag metadata you want to do), you can keep an external drive (e.g., thumb drive) synched to the HDD with something like freefilesync.

http://www.freefilesync.org/download.php

My preference is to set it up with the source HDD on the left panel, your thumb drive on the right panel, and in the settings just above the right panel, choose "mirror -->" This will keep the thumb drive synched to what's on your HDD. (if you choose the two way sync, anything you delete from the thumb drive will delete from the HDD as well, which you may not want). The first time you run the mirror it takes a while because it has to copy all the files. Subsequent runs only transfer the incremental files/changes so is very fast.

Thanks again!