title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with reading CD Correctly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shoghun
    • Nov 2014

Problem with reading CD Correctly

I have been using CD ripper for some time, ripping to MP3 and FLAC with absolutely no problems. It's been simple to use and perfect.

However, I have recently tried to rip a CD - Now That's What I Call The 90's (Not my choice!!) and CD ripper seems to have thrown a wobbly. It calls the artist Hitbreaker 3 and the album 99/Hitbreaker '99 Die Dritte - CD2 - and this is CD 1. The songs have the wrong names but play the right tracks.

I had the same problem with my Naim system with this CD. What is the problem with it and how do I get around it? Is it some new form of security?

It's weird and annoying as the album is 3 CDs that I need to convert into both MP3 and FLAC.

Anyone have any answers. It would be much appreciated.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Problem with reading CD Correctly

Hey shoghun,

CD ripper calculates a checksum based on the TOC (table of content) for a CD. This checksum is transferred to different databases to retrieve the metadata for that CD. In some rare cases different CDs have the same checksum, so that you might retrieve the metadata for a different, but not your CD.

Did you review the metadata? Do all databases respond the "wrong" metadata?

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>