title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need Help - updated to current versions - Windows Explorer doesn't enable DB function

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMike1
    • Apr 2010

Need Help - updated to current versions - Windows Explorer doesn't enable DB function

It has been a very frustrating 2 days - need help!

I've been having several issues after losing my config settings somehow. Ripping, editing ID tags, manipulating files all worked smoothly for a couple of years prior to this. Before I list the issues I'm having, I bought the upgrade today from version 14 to version 15 and installed the latest ID tag editor codec. After restarting my Windows 7 PC and checking that all current versions associated with DBpoweramp are present, Windows Explorer does not bring up the DB pop-up what hovering over a music file, nor will opening Music Converter give me the DB options when right clicking on a music file with Windows Explorer.

So starting with basics before I get into the ID tagging issues I am having - how do I enable the Windows functionality that has always worked prior to today's upgrade?

Thanks in advance - I hope just a checkbox needs to be set...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need Help - updated to current versions - Windows Explorer doesn't enable DB func

Open dBpoweramp Configuration, the options are on the music converter tab. Test with mp3 files, to see if the functionality is working.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DBMike1
      • Apr 2010

Re: Need Help - updated to current versions - Windows Explorer doesn't enable DB func

Thanks for the quick response Spoon. I reviewed the config options, and everything is checked within the Windows Explorer Integration section except Thumbnail and Property Handler. I just tried cursor hovering over MP3 files as well as right clicking, with no success. I haven't seen this issue previously. Other things I can check?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which security software do you have? do you get any popup info when hold over the mp3 file? If dBpoweramp is not providing the popup, then by default windows will use its own, try holding over a .txt file, windows should show some details in a popup.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DBMike1
          • Apr 2010

I'm using McAfee. When held over .txt or any type of file, I just get File Type, Size, and Date Modified in the pop-up. What is really strange is that up until the version 15 install a couple of hours ago, I always had the DB pop-up. Should I uninstall and reinstall or check something else first?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try uninstall, reboot windows (full shut down) then reinstall.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DBMike1
              • Apr 2010

Spoon - that worked - thanks! Now I have the pop-up working and functionality enabled when right clicking.

On to the first issue I'm looking to solve - Wavs I download from HDTracks do not show up in artist/album lists in Kinsky and Songbook. I can only find them in folder view, and the track order all messed up. The issue lies with ID Tag and riff chunk settings, based on what I learned previously. The HDtracks have ID3 for both - I need to change to ID3 to LIST for both settings to work. I believe ID3v2.3 may also work, but I'm sure LIST will be successful based on my current extensive library.

I cannot figure out how to change those settings. I tried music converter and set to ID Tag Update, however, I cannot find any options to change to LIST. How do I do this? Is there a tutorial available or a prior forum post that solves this? When I try Music Converter and select ID Tag Update from the dropdown, the Map, Deletions, Manipulations, Additions options are not clear if any of these are used to make the change.

Your comments appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Does dBpoweramp show the tags on the popup information for the wave files?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DBMike1
                  • Apr 2010

Yes - it now shows all music related info for wavs, and every type of audio file. I also noticed the Flac files that work in Kinsky & Songbook have Vorbis Comments for ID Tag and within Riff chunks and that works also. My large Wav collection doesn't work with ID3; just LIST.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It is more about your upnp server, check out Asset UPnP which can read those wave tags.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DBMike1
                      • Apr 2010

I am a complete newbie when it comes to the server - I'm set up with a QNAP NAS with Twonky I believe as the server. I can look into changing this (I don't know how yet) but in the meantime, how can I change ID3 to LIST using Music Converter/ID Tag Update?

Comment

• DBMike1
                        • Apr 2010

I just experimented successfully by using Manipulation/Conditional Rule Based Manipulation and using If ID Tag = ID3, Set ID tag=LIST. Wavs for one HDTracks album were properly converted, and the album is readable in Kinsky & Songbook, so looks like it worked. Will use Batch Converter to do several albums and confirm these worked in the morning.

Comment

Working...

]]>