title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Uninstall trial version and error message when installing registered version R15.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2-Fitty
    • Nov 2014

Uninstall trial version and error message when installing registered version R15.1

Two questions:

Running Windows Vista; my Control panel is unable to (fully) remove the dbPoweramp trial version. Uninstall error message reads:

"An error occurred while trying to uninstall dBpoweramp. It may have already been uninstalled."

"Would you like to remove dBpoweramp from the Programs and Features list?"

When clicking [Yes], nothing happens.

Any thoughts/comments on how I can successfully uninstall the trial version(s)???

Following error message received when trying to run/install the fully paid for registered version

"C:\Users\Richard\AppData\...\AA.tmp-dmc-R15.1-Ref-Registered-64bit_SPI_WIN64.exe"

"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

What is this error message and how can I transcend it to successfully install the registered version???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Uninstall trial version and error message when installing registered version R15.

I think both are related possibly to over zealous security software, what do you have installed?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Uninstall trial version and error message when installing registered version R15.

Actually looking into the error, we have never seen this before, have a read of:

it suggests that something is quite broken with the Operating System, and nothing will install.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 2-Fitty
        • Nov 2014

My antivirus software is McAfee Internet Security. I will have a look at the attached link. I have not had any problem with installing other software. I was able to successfully install the dBpoweramp trial version. I wonder if unwinding my computer to a previous point in time will help???

Comment

• 2-Fitty
          • Nov 2014

I think I've managed to resolve my computer issues. I've restored my computer to an earlier point. I have now been able to uninstall the trial version of dBpoweramp. I am in the midst of installing the registered version. So far so good. We'll keep our fingers crossed....

Comment

Working...

]]>