title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Assett to NAS drive help

Assett to NAS drive help

I am new to this and want to stream music to a naim superuniti I am using iMac assett at the moment via iTunes or direct via wifi but want it hard wired so I thought a NAS drive plugged into router would do this but I am not sure how to get assett installed on the NAS drive and how to control it via iMac tr other option is to get a Mac mini and then it's straight forward any good ideas out there would be great! Thanks

Administrator

Re: Assett to NAS drive help

You would need a QNAP nas to install asset on to it. Controlling Asset, you would not use iMac, rather a Control Point, perhaps on an iPad, with NStream.

I have a similar question. Definitely a noob so go easy. I have naim uniti feeding of a wd mybookworld nas. I recently started using the new naim app to stream from my android smartphone and all the indexing of tracks to artists has gone crazy ie tracks from some unrelated artist are listed under a different artists' folder. Not sure why this is happening after some research I'm wondering whether using asset might fix this. However, I assume I need to install this on my nas, which is my question, how would I do this (is it possible)?

Administrator

Asset would not install on the mybook nas.

Quote Originally Posted by Marki1964 View Post
    I am new to this and want to stream music to a naim superuniti I am using iMac assett at the moment via iTunes or direct via wifi but want it hard wired so I thought a NAS drive plugged into router would do this but I am not sure how to get assett installed on the NAS drive and how to control it via iMac tr other option is to get a Mac mini and then it's straight forward any good ideas out there would be great! Thanks
    Hi Marki,
    I use a Superuniti with Nstream as the control point on an ipad. I recently bought a Qnap Nas from Ripcaster Uk . They supplied and configured it with Asset.. works perfectly with very little setting up. Just copy your existing music files into the multimedia folder that is already set up for you, and point your ripping software to that folder also. Ripcaster were very helpful and have many solutions for Nas requirements. Next day delivery.. first class service. PM me if you would like any assistance.
    regards
    Ingenius

PS i have no connections to Ripcaster other than received an excellent service