title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting 24bits 44,100 studio WAV to AIFF, Different Kbps.

Converting 24bits 44,100 studio WAV to AIFF, Different Kbps.

When i convert my studio wavs that are 24 bits 44,100 when i did that and kept the settings as the source file when i play the AIFF in foobar200 it says 2117kbps and with the WAV file it says 2116 kbps why is this slight different ? Is tha AIFF still the same as the WAV ? Because now im thinking AIFF uses more audio info then WAV and because WAV dont got that i think its not goin to sound maybe the same ? Or is it really not the same ? Also is the AIFF encoder official one from apple or is it modified in dbpoweramp somehow ?

Administrator

Re: Converting 24bits 44,100 studio WAV to AIFF, Different Kbps.

If the end filesizes are very similar (to within a few KB) then it is rounding error, they both have exactly the same bitrate.

There is no encoder for AIFF, the audio is uncompressed, so AIFF is simply a header with the audio.

Re: Converting 24bits 44,100 studio WAV to AIFF, Different Kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If the end filesizes are very similar (to within a few KB) then it is rounding error, they both have exactly the same bitrate.

There is no encoder for AIFF, the audio is uncompressed, so AIFF is simply a header with the audio.
    Ok thanks the md5 hash and CRC is exact the same so my wild guess its indeed a rounding error in foobar200, i will see the size of the tracks compared to each other when im home. I think filesize is also exact the same.