title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain feature request

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sugar Magnolia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Replay Gain feature request

It would be nice if Albums could be identified by "Album ID Tag + Disc Number".

I always combine multidisc albums into the same folder, with the same "Album ID Tag".

When I apply replay gain, I like to do it by disc number.

It would be great if the codec could be configured to do this. I would like to tag by disc number within an Album.

"Album ID Tag", "All Files in Batch Same Album", and "All Files in Same Folder" do not accomplish this.

Thanks, Pete
    Last edited by Sugar Magnolia; 11-05-2014, 06:04 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Replay Gain feature request

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
    It would be nice if Albums could be identified by "Album ID Tag + Disc Number".

I always combine multidisc albums into the same folder, with the same "Album ID Tag".

When I apply replay gain, I like to do it by disc number.

It would be great if the codec could be configured to do this. I would like to tag by disc number within an Album.

"Album ID Tag", "All Files in Batch Same Album", and "All Files in Same Folder" do not accomplish this.

Thanks, Pete
    good idea. By the way, If one was using foobar2000 to add RG tags, one could set it up to do as you request.

Comment

• Sugar Magnolia
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by garym
      good idea. By the way, If one was using foobar2000 to add RG tags, one could set it up to do as you request.
      I'll have to look into foobar2000. I thought it was just a player. I just backed the mobile version.

It would be nice to do this with the Illustrate tools (mainly Batch Convert) that I use now.

I primarily use DBPA/Illustrate products exclusively for my music collection acquisition and management. They are fantastic and work flawlessly.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
        I primarily use DBPA/Illustrate products exclusively for my music collection acquisition and management. They are fantastic and work flawlessly.
        Couldn't agree more. But there are some (not many) tagging things I can do better/easier in mp3tag (which also works with FLAC files) and foobar2000 has a few manipulation things that are unique as well. But like you, dbpa, perfectTunes, etc. are my primary digital music tools.

Comment

Working...

]]>