title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Using Asset with Heos by Denon app

Using Asset with Heos by Denon app

Has anybody tried using Asset with Heos by Denon?

I have just bought an Heos Link from Denon, and is now trying to use Asset together with the Heos application.

According to Denon it should work:
    Our network products correspond with the DLNA guidelines and therefore the streaming of compatible music files from DLNA-certified servers is possible.

My setup:
    Music library (FLAC) on a Synology NAS
    Asset UPnP installed on a Windows 7 pc
    Heos appl installed on a Android 4.4 phone and on a Ipad 1.

When using Synology's Media server the Heos app works fine on both Android and Ipad.
    But performance is not very good, so I would like to try with Asset instead.
    On both the Android and the Ipad the Heos app finds the Asset server.

On the Ipad I can select Artist, Album etc. and sometimes also start playing a title.
    But mostly the application crashes or returns to the first screen of the application.

On the Android the app crashes with either an error code 6 or 511 without any more information.

I have emailed Denon support, as the problem probably is with their app.
    But if somebody has succeeded in getting it to work, I would like to know how.

Thanks
    Eigon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Using Asset with Heos by Denon app

The problem is definetely with their app. I have a Heos 5. The app will see the Synology Mediaserver. But it won't see minimserver. This despite the fact that my DLNA tv sees both fine. As does my Denon AV Receiver in fact....

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Using Asset with Heos by Denon app

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiCan View Post
    The problem is definetely with their app. I have a Heos 5. The app will see the Synology Mediaserver. But it won't see minimserver. This despite the fact that my DLNA tv sees both fine. As does my Denon AV Receiver in fact....
    I contacted Denon about the problem. They say that that Heos only works with DLNA certified equipement. DLNA and UPnP are similar but not the same. In my case MinimServer is UPnP only and not DLNA certified. As such, the Heos only intermittently sees it. However, Synology's own DLNA Server works like a charm. I suspect that with Agent, there is a similar issue as it is not stated to be DLNA certified.