title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset on Yosemite Server

Asset on Yosemite Server

I have been running Asset on my QNAP for years without any problems. The drives are getting a bit long in the tooth and I have decided to add a drive to my MacMini, runing Yosemite (+Server), and install Asset UPnP.

It installs fine and I can see it if I log in and use Kinsky or Yazoo on the server itself but it comes & goes on my other control points - sometimes visable, sometimes not. If I select it, after a while it becomes unavailable.

I've reinstalled, rebooted the MacMini server and rebooted my entrie network - not change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter-Marc

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset on Yosemite Server

It suggests a network issue, the IP address of server is constant?

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    It suggests a network issue, the IP address of server is constant?
    Yes fixed IP address and I can see the server itself on the network from all the other machines (2 x iMac, Macbook Air & iPad)

P-M

You have to stay logged in on the Mac mini. It is not sufficient that the Mac mini is merely running. Asset UPnP for OS X is an App and runs at the user level. It is not a server service.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarusr View Post
    You have to stay logged in on the Mac mini. It is not sufficient that the Mac mini is merely running. Asset UPnP for OS X is an App and runs at the user level. It is not a server service.
    Thanks - Yes - I stay logged in but still can't see on other control points on network (intermittenly visable but not permanently)

Peter-Marc