title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Various Artists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alk630
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2014

Various Artists

I know this has been discussed previously, but I'm new to this and going round in circles at the moment....

I am currently trying to tidy up my music collection, which is composed entirely of FLAC albums. I want ALL the tracks for the compilation <Album> '26 Mixes For Cash' by the <Artist> 'Aphex Twin' to show up grouped together under <Artist / Album> -> <A> -> <Aphex Twin> in Asset Control/Kinsky, even though they are by different artists... I am currently using Asset UPnP 5.0 Beta, but having no luck with tagging correctly to achieve this.

I have a large collection and would ideally like to keep the format I have now, which is to have the respective <Title> and <Artist> different in compilation albums with the same <Album Name>. Please can someone with a bit more experience point me in the right direction?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Various Artists

Originally posted by alk630
    I want ALL the tracks for the compilation <Album> '26 Mixes For Cash' by the <Artist> 'Aphex Twin' to show up grouped together under <Artist / Album> -> <A> -> <Aphex Twin> in Asset Control/Kinsky, even though they are by different artists...
    Do you want the album 26 Mixes for Cash to appear under compilations as well as Aphex Twin?

Comment

• alk630
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2014

Yes, that would be a bonus, but not essential.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

As well as populating the Artist (and Artist Sort) tag, you'll need to populate the Album Artist (and Album Artist Sort) tag.

You'll also have to experiment with the Compilation tag, as setting this tag to 1 will probably affect the album grouping in Asset.
        Last edited by mville; 10-25-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

... further to this thread, I'm not sure my advice is very useful as I don't view albums by artist, but by album artist.

Here's my Browse Tree in Asset UPnP Configuration:

Comment

• alk630
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jun 2014

Thanks mville, I really appreciate your help. I've decided the thing to do is point my music to a separate folder with a few test samples using your recommendations. It takes far too long to wait for Asset to pick up changes in a large collection and even then it sometimes requires a complete re-scan. After much reading, it seems there's no right and wrong way of doing things and everyone has their own ideas, but getting it wrong in the first place costs a lot of time and effort to change again afterwards.

Comment

Working...

]]>