title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Top level folder structure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Visoflex
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2010

Top level folder structure

I have a lot of speech files, consisting of radio dramas, plays, audiobooks and the like, and would like to be able to listen to them through the hifi system. However, I would prefer to have them separate from the music files if possible, so I don't need to flick through an even larger list. The server is a Zoneripper with the usual WHS2011 file structure. All my music files are currently in "Music" as would be expected.

Would it be possible to have two top level folders in the Zoneripper "Music" directory? One called "Music files" and containing the music FLAC files, and another called "Speech files" containing lower quality mp3 files. Therefore on opening the library in Kinsky, all that would initially be seen would be these two folders, clicking on either of them would then take you into either into music or speech, without the need for un-necessary scanning.

Ah the problems of a modern life! :smile2:

Thanks in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Top level folder structure

If using Asset you can browse as:

Advanced Search >> File and Folder Browsing
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Visoflex
      Would it be possible to have two top level folders in the Zoneripper "Music" directory? One called "Music files" and containing the music FLAC files, and another called "Speech files" containing lower quality mp3 files.
      Read this thread. It explains the principles of what you are after:

I have my music stored in 3 libraries, one with Music in FLAC's, one with classical music and one with music in ALAC. As UPnP server I have Asset and eLyric MM. To stream the music I use a Linn DS and to operate it Kinsky or Chorus. Is there a way to make Asset show the 3 individual libraries? In both remotes (Kinsky

... and post no. 11 here:

I have two versions of every song in iTunes, ALAC and AAC. ALAC for streaming via my Naim and AAC for iPhone. Asset picks up both versions. How can i sent it to ignore the AAC files. There seems to be the option in advanced settings but even when ticked the AAC files are still found. Any ideas?

In your case you could substitute flac and mp3 with music and speech respectively.
      Last edited by mville; 10-23-2014, 12:21 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• Visoflex
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by mville
        Read this thread. It explains the principles of what you are after:

I have my music stored in 3 libraries, one with Music in FLAC's, one with classical music and one with music in ALAC. As UPnP server I have Asset and eLyric MM. To stream the music I use a Linn DS and to operate it Kinsky or Chorus. Is there a way to make Asset show the 3 individual libraries? In both remotes (Kinsky

... and post no. 11 here:

I have two versions of every song in iTunes, ALAC and AAC. ALAC for streaming via my Naim and AAC for iPhone. Asset picks up both versions. How can i sent it to ignore the AAC files. There seems to be the option in advanced settings but even when ticked the AAC files are still found. Any ideas?

In your case you could substitute flac and mp3 with music and speech respectively.
        Unfortunately it didn't work for me first time. I'm using Kinsky, and when all was restarted, the library disappeared completely. It will need further investigation, but I'm a bit tired now and making silly mistakes.
        Last edited by Visoflex; 10-23-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>