title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem w/ music converter get odd error message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • telepod
    • Oct 2014

Problem w/ music converter get odd error message

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and to the prog so bear w/ me. I have ver. R15 running on win 8.1. I recently loaded the program and tried to convert a flac file i have to a mp3. I set flac to standard VBR mp3 but i get this message when i try to execute. Ideally i'd like to use the other setting to get a higher bit rate but thought i'd try simple convert at first.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\me\Music\Ambulance LTD - LP (2004) [FLAC]\07 Sugar Pill.flac' to 'C:\Users\me\Desktop\07 Sugar Pill.mp3'
    Error running CoreConverter

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem w/ music converter get odd error message

It means something is blocking dBpoweramp from running one of its own programs, likely your security software.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• telepod
      • Oct 2014

Hello Spoon, thanx for the reply. I turned off all anti virus, firewall and malware apps and am not connected to the internet but am still unable to get the core converter to run- argg. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Check the program 'coreconverter.exe' exists in the install folder for dBpoweramp. There have been reports that norton (and possibly others) are removing files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Comodo firewall has been shown to block coreconverter.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>