title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC and AIFF Encoders Producing WAV file!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aggielaw
    • Dec 2011

FLAC and AIFF Encoders Producing WAV file!

Guys,

Purchased the latest dbpoweramp a few days ago and installed it on my computer Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Everything worked great in the last iteration, but two bizarre things are now happening:

1. First, I have multiencoder set to rip as FLAC and AIFF and verify written audio. Despite this, my FLAC files are coming out as WAV files.
    2. Second, and truly problematic, is that although dbpoweramp tells me it has ripped all tracks on the CD, only the last track appears in the file list. If I play the file, sure enough, it's only the last track. Yet the report I have dbpoweramp place in the CD folder also shows all files ripped in to FLAC format.

I've attached three photos to hopefully help with troubleshooting: my dbpoweramp start screen; a folder containing a CD I ripped tonight (showing the file is a WAV not a FLAC, only one track not the whole CD); and the rip report indicating dbpoweramp ripped all the files successfully to FLAC format.

Please help. I assumed after all these years of using dbpoweramp without a hitch that everything would be fine, so I've ripped 100 CDs in the last couple days that all have this issue. I really hope I don't have to go back and rerip all these!

Thanks,
    Howard
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC and AIFF Encoders Producing WAV file!

Try right clicking on CD Ripper >> Run as Administrator
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aggielaw
      • Dec 2011

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I have an additional data point. I opened to folder to which the CD is ripping, and it shows the last file ripped each time. So, as it rips track two but has encoded track 1, track 1 shows in the folder. Once track 2 is encoded it replaces track 1 in the folder, and so on.

I've attached a screen shot of the file properties of the latest rip. Windows shows it as a wav and then has flac in parentheses behind it. Very strange.

I should've mentioned this before but forgot: on one of my rips, and only one of my rips yesterday I got a post-rip report saying dbpoweramp could not overwrite a file and it posited that the disk might be full. The disk is not even half full so I didn't think anything else of it. Perhaps that will be a telling point for troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I took a closer look at the last CD I ripped. The report claims it is ripping to a location that doesn't exist. I changed the destination to a different drive (F but dbpoweramp's report claims it burned to C:, and to a directory (Music) that doesn't exist. Sure enough, if I do a Windows search of C: for the artist name it returns 0 results. I don't know if that's tied to the issue or not. Photo of the dbpoweramp log and my directory structure showing no such directory exists attached.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by aggielaw; 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which naming string are you using in multi-encoder? really you should copy the default naming string from CD ripper on to each codec page in multi-encoder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>