title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Encoder FDK Settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pddmcse
    • Mar 2013

AAC Encoder FDK Settings

Hello gurus!!

I've recently had time to sit down and upgrade my dBpoweramp software to R15.1 from R14.4. After some reading on the forums I also updated my original FLAC music collection with the ReplayGain EBU R128 settings in Batch Converter, which I never did when it became available.

My original AAC music collection was converted from the FLAC collection using the Nero AAC codec, which I know is no longer being supported. I would like to build a new AAC collection from the FLAC collection using the m4a FDK AAC codec that is recommended, but I needed some advice on the few settings that are available.

When using the Nero codec, I was using the VBR mode default setting -q 0.5, which gave 160-170 kbps on average. When I start using the FDK codec, should I use the settings, Bit Rate: 192 kbps / Encoder: LC AAC, to get similar results like the Nero codec? If not, what settings would you guys recommend/use as the default?

Thanks for everything...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AAC Encoder FDK Settings

There is a version of FDK which supports VBR in the testing section of this forum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>