title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I establish a "stable" path to my QNAP NAS? And problems playing ripped CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legless
    • Oct 2014

How do I establish a "stable" path to my QNAP NAS? And problems playing ripped CDs

I have Win. 7 Prof and have a QNAP NAS on my network. I have used the free version of dbpoweramp intermittently for several years. Recently I took the plunge and bought a licence for the ?latest version (how do I tell?). I carefully worked my way through the set up guide, I came to understand the slogan "Rip once, rip right" All seemed to be well when I ripped my first CD. metadata the lot. I set the path as \\NASC1C233\Download which is the path I have used before with success and with other software over several years. I now have 2 problems.
    1) Each time I rip a different CD (but not a second CD from a double album) I have to reset the path. If not each track will rip to 100% but then returns an error code.
    2) I use Media Monkey to manage a large library of CDs successfully ripped using free dbpoweramp and other software that I have tried before settling on dbpoweramp and paying the fee. After ripping several CDs using my licenced software I am now unable to play any CD. Instead random tracks are played from random CDs. Does Illustrate have software I can use to manage and play my library? I could not face the possibility of having to re-rip all my library again!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I establish a "stable" path to my QNAP NAS? And problems playing ripped CD

1) Browse to the folder using Windows Explorer, and when asked for a user name and password, click the 'Remember' box.
    2) We no longer have a player, perhaps try foobar 2000
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: How do I establish a "stable" path to my QNAP NAS? And problems playing ripped CD

Originally posted by Spoon
      1) Browse to the folder using Windows Explorer, and when asked for a user name and password, click the 'Remember' box.
      2) We no longer have a player, perhaps try foobar 2000
      I second the foobar2000 recommendation. I like it using the "facets" component to customize the library views the way I like them.

Comment

Working...

]]>