title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Hi there,

here are some findings in the actual beta:

1. After update to release 5 BETA the data sent to a control point (I use primarily Naims n-stream, both version 3.6.7479 and 4.0, and Asset Control) do not reflect the actual browse tree of Asset UPnP, instead of which the default browse tree is used.
    By chance I found in [COLOR="*4B0082"][COLOR="*4B0082"]%appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary[/COLOR][/COLOR] two files named AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4 and ...v5 respectively. It seems to me that the Asset V5 installs the ...v5 file, but within the programm updates changes still to the ...v4 file, the contents of which are also sent to the control point. Since the structure of the file is nearly self-explanatory, I meanwhile corrected the ...v5 file manually and now things are as they should be. I don't know whether this workaround is already explained somewhere else in the forum. Please correct.

2."Compilation albums corrected to not show as Various Artists" is changed, but not generally:
    (as per Mr. Spoon's suggestions, I use in this example FLAC files with empty album artist and the Compilation tag set to '1')
    = View of [All Albums] shows a "random" artist (of 9th title in following hardcopies) - maybe the first artist of this album (in alphabetical) order is selected. This is definitively not correct, either blanks or "Various artists" should be displayed here. Asset UPnP 4.3 does this correctly.
    = View of Albums beginning with the same letter show same result.
    = View of [Artist / Album] now correct: Asset 4.3 (Registered) wrongly showed on a selected artist still "Various artists", 5 Beta shows the real artist's name.
    = View of [Album Artist / Album]: Unable to test at this stage (see above browse tree problem). The following would be correct:
    If "Various artists" is displayed under [All Albums], an enry "Various artists" in Album Artists would be consistent,
    if blanks are displayed under [All Albums], there should be no entry under Album Artists.
    = Detailed view of selected album shows the following contents in album artist field:5
    "Various artists" (n-stream) artist of 1st title (Accet Control: wrong, correct would be blanks or "Various artists").
    = Artist with each title contains now (5 Beta) the respective arist in both n-stream and Asset Control (correct).
    Under 4.3 (Registered) Artist is blank in n-stream, but correctly displayed in Asset Control. Plug Player and Kinski do not show changes between Asset 4.3. and 5 Beta and both do not show artist together with the titles. Hardcopies regarding this point:
    Asset 5 Beta - 1. random Artist displayed.jpg

Asset 5 Beta - 2. First page of tracks incl. all correct track artists.jpg

Asset 5 Beta - 3. Last page of tracks incl. all correct track artists.jpg

And here is what Asset 4.3 registered does:
    Asset 4 reg - 4. ''Various ...'' is correct.jpg

Asset 4 reg - 5. all track artists missing.jpg

Are there different data sent to or received at the different control points (since for Asset Control I found some "Settings Overrides" in Asset UPnP, but none for Naim Unity) ?

3.Different results of sort order, if a single letter or all ...(... Albums / ... Album Artists [in Asset UPnP 4.3 only] / ... Artists) is selected:
    If a single letter is selected, the contents of Album Artist Sort, Artist Sort, and Album Sort are considered in displayed order respectively.
    If all (Albums / Artists) is selected, the respective contents of the ... sort fields are neglected. Since upto now I am unable to test if this happens also with Album Artist in 5 Beta, I tried this also with Asset UPnP 4.3 (Registered; both Win and Mac) with same result.
    This appears only in Naim's n-stream (and e.g. in foobar 2000), Asset Control (and Plug Player as well as Kinski on Mac) displays the data as expected.
    Naim's Uniti 2 shows, if tracks are selected manually or by use of remote control, the correct sort order in both cases, but it does not handle Unicode characters correctly and shows a "?" for each character.
    (here I wanted to include 6 hardcopies, which I can't attach actually - I will mail them to the usual mail address separately)

Any idea what I could do to ensure equal behaviour of the above mentioned control points or is Asset sending excactly the same contents to any control point (would mean that it is up to the supplier of the control point software to correct this !?!) ?

4.I had no duplicate problems with the first version of V5 beta, but experienced for whatever reason after some time an empty database. I managed to solve this problem by installing the older version of V5 beta.
    To avoid similar troubles I changed the audio library path from my NAS to a locally USB 2.0 attached disc. Meanwhile I re-installed the actual V5 Beta and it still points to a local USB drive.

Could the empty database occur if during a "refresh all" the connection to my NAS, to which Asset pointed before, is temporarily lost ?

5."New database design, faster at indexing, browsing albums" - no change experienced during "refresh all" upto now, although numbers of albums, titles nearly the same and PC, network and NAS exactly the same as before.
    Or should only the final release show remarkable faster reactions ?

As some of these points may affect also Mobile Foobar2000 ("My input is ..." in September 2014 blog) I thought some of them might avoid, if clarified now, possible additional efforts later on.

Best regards,
    Niko

Administrator

Thanks for report, will look when get back onto asset.

is it planned or at least a topic which may be considered to have full text search Asset UPnP from client tools like Kinsky or others.....?

Administrator

It is considered yes.

Hi Spoon,

I tried the latest update you provided. There are still errors in browse tree. I added some pics.
    Asset UPnP Browse Tree 5.JPG
    1) The comductor does not appear in the Kinsky client
    Asset 5 Conductor missing.jpg
    2) When I click Genre - Oper than I only get the artists. The title is not visible. As you can see the problem does not appear if there is only one parent-child relationship when using the artists
    Asset - Opera title not available.jpg

Hope you can solve that issue. useless to say, that I do not have these problems with the version 4.3

Best regards
    Markus

Administrator

Yes the current beta does not save the edited tree correctly, the next update will fix.

Hi Spoon,

When do you think the next fix will be available?
    A couple of days, weeks or months?
    Best regards
    Markus

dBpoweramp Guru

We should be able to update to fix this one issue quite soon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,

in addition to my above post *46 pt. 4:
    - After a "refresh all" the result is actually - as well with an USB-attached drive - as follows: "9550 tracks and 0 albums".
    - After pushing "Detecting Changes" nothing happens.
    - Pressing "Restart Asset" and once more "Detecting Changes" brought the result as desired, however after nearly twice the time compared to a "refresh all" only.

I tried the "refresh all" due to the following:
    - changed album art by editing tags with DBP and also saving an updated "folder.jpg" file.
    - waited for more than 1 hour for automatic takeover of changes - but test with Asset Control showed old album art on album- as well as on track level. Alt-F4 in Asset Control.
    - pressed "detecting changes". When this finished, tested once more with Asset Control. Result: Track level album art now updated, but album level art still previous version.
    - after procedure as desribed before and the test with Asset Control resulted in updated album art, now also on album level.

If the album art change would have been recognised during "detecting changes" correctly, no "refresh all" would be necessary under these circumstances.

Obviously "9550 tracks and 0 albums" has nothing to do with a broken connection to a NAS, to which Asset points, as I assumed in my previous post.

If pressing "detecting changes" and the connection to a NAS is broken the result would be immediately "0 tracks and 0 albums", which can be corrected only by a "refresh all", so the behaviour of Asset UPnP as described above should be improved. This happens not only with Asset 5 Beta, but with 4.3. registered as well.

Regards,
    Niko

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset empty folders

Since I upgraded to Asset 5.0 I have had no luck with using the Main feature that I desire to utilize - Folders & Filename browsing. So the problem is that Asset 5.0 does show the folders but not any content within the FOLDERS and FILENAME library browsing option, ever, no matter what I've tried to alleviate the issue. So basically Asset is completely useless to me until I get this fixed.

My system:
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 control point running Bubble UPnP (v2.1)
    • Moon Mind Renderer
    • Synology NAS
    • Asset 5.0 running on a Win 7 PC (i5-2500)

The only reason I tried using 5.0 is that I d/l'd it by searching for an update (Asset never tells me when an update is available) So I searched for, and installed the updated version without having fully read about it. (my bad)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Asset empty folders

We will investigate this, however if you want this functionality you are best installing R4.2 which is the last full release.

In asset configuration, how many library paths do you have configured? which asset is set to scan, what are they?

The files which cannot be browsed, what type are they? can they be played if browse through Artist / Album?
    Last edited by Spoon; 11-15-2014 at 04:37 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset empty folders

It took me ages to find this post as I received no email nor notification that it was moved.

I have 3 paths to my NAS that I wish Asset to track. I have tried access through the computer as well as direct through the network. Both failed to see every single audio file.

Asset paths.jpg

Not one single music file on my entire NAS drive could be seen via Files and Folders, only the folders. It's almost the only way I use the files.

REVELATION - I tried several more times without success but have had a breakthrough since my post. I tried many of the other methods such as Artist/Album, Bits, etc. THEN I tried the Folders and Filenames again and it all showed up?!?!?!?

Funny thing, when I wrote about the missing files, Asset Configuration showed 49k+ files and 0 Albums... then when it worked it showed the following 0 tracks and 4327 albums.... shortly thereafter the music stopped altogether and it now says status-NOT RUNNING.

Asset counts.jpg

P.S. - I find Album/Artist and most of the other methods to be such a complete mess of music it's absolutely frustrating to use. As you can see, I keep all my music file-types separated on the NAS since my vehicle requires .mp3's, and when I can I use .flac on my home system. So Asset shows that I have several of the same file via Artist/Album.

Hi Spoon,

I was so happy to get the info about the new beta version, yesterday. And believe me - I wanted to write some positive things.
    But, except of the name change I cannot see any further change.
    - The conducter still does no appear
    - After clicking "Opera" the album names does not appear, also.

After I got that result, I deinstalled everything and started from scratch. UPnP 4.3 and on top the latest version UPnP 5 Beta 2. However, no effect.

Best regards
    Markus

dBpoweramp Guru

Make sure you have edited the tree again in the latest r5 beta

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Make sure you have edited the tree again in the latest r5 beta
    I tried your hint. I added in the root the child year. The effect is the same as before. No visibility. nether "Composer" nor "Year"
    Last but not least the number of albums has the result 0 and the number of tracks is wrong, as well.

"Restart", "refresh all" or a new PC boot does not change anything.

It seems there are still some errors in the code.

Best regards
    Markus