title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R5

My database was 138 Mb, so I had to upload it to file-sharing host ZippyShare. I sent a link to the e-mail address provided in your link.

The problem with <Disc 1> missing from some multi-disc sets happens regardless of the Disc Count in the tags for some albums. Both of the examples I gave you are labelled exactly the same way with the Disc Count tags 01 for the first album and 02 for the second album. This inconsistency problem exists multiple times throughout my collection.

With 'Adele > 19 (Deluxe Edition)' the second disc of the double album appears twice.... '19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2' with just '1. Chasing Pavements' track and again '19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2' with the remaining tracks 2-10. This problem also happens multiple times throughout my collection.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 07:39 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Here are some screenshots from Asset Control:

Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

Snap3.jpg

Administrator

Yes I have your database, I thought you had uploaded a 2nd.

>Both of the examples I gave you are labelled exactly the same way with the Disc Count tags 01 for the first album and 02 for the second album.

Asset is reading those tags differently, if you have dBpoweramp installed, select all the tracks for the Coco disc 1 >> right click >> Edit ID Tags, it should say:

Disc 1/2 (or 3, or 4)

If one of the tracks has the wrong tag, it can cause issues.

About the duplicate albums, yes I can see this now in the database, we need to think how this happened.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes I have your database, I thought you had uploaded a 2nd.

>Both of the examples I gave you are labelled exactly the same way with the Disc Count tags 01 for the first album and 02 for the second album.

Asset is reading those tags differently, if you have dBpoweramp installed, select all the tracks for the Coco disc 1 >> right click >> Edit ID Tags, it should say:

Disc 1/2 (or 3, or 4)

If one of the tracks has the wrong tag, it can cause issues.

About the duplicate albums, yes I can see this now in the database, we need to think how this happened.
    I know Asset is reading the tags incorrectly or the problem would not occur, but both the examples I gave you are labelled the same way, i.e. Disc Count tags '01' for all tracks on the first album and '02' for all tracks on the second album. I have checked this in the latest versions of both Tag&Rename and Mp3Tag. Therefore, this appears to be inconsistent behaviour on the part of Asset UPnP.

Thank you

Snap 1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

Snap3.jpg

Snap4.jpg

Snap5.jpg
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Administrator

Your images (mp3tag) confirm the disc is missing the disc count it should be:

1/2

for disc number, if no disc count is specified asset does not know to put ', Disc 1'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Your images (mp3tag) confirm the disc is missing the disc count it should be:

1/2

for disc number, if no disc count is specified asset does not know to put ', Disc 1'
    If you look at the example screenshot I have provided from Asset Control in post *18, you will see that even though no disc count is provided for Parov Stelar - The Princess, the first album still shows ', Disc 1'. This is not the case with Parov Stelar - Coco and, therefore, the behaviour is inconsistent!
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Administrator

'The Princess'

According to the database dump does have a disc count. For example:

Beautiful Morning The Princess, Disc 1 Track: 13/15 Disc: 01/2

It is the /2 it goes off.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

'The Princess'

According to the database dump does have a disc count. For example:

Beautiful Morning The Princess, Disc 1 Track: 13/15 Disc: 01/2

It is the /2 it goes off.
    Arggghhh!! Neither Tag&Raname or mp3tag show the disc count, so how is the user supposed to know this?? This is very frustrating, although I realise it may not be Asset UPnP at fault.

Administrator

Could you give some details please of your system Asset is running on? (processor, Windows version, 64 bit or 32 bit, memory, main system storage drive, is SSD?)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Windows 7 x64 SP1, fully patched. Processor Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge (i7-3840QM) socket 988B rPGA. 8Gb of RAM. The main drive in an Intel SSDMCEAC12 128 Mb SSD. I have 4 x 3 Tb Western Digital drives in RAID 10 for storing the music.

Administrator

If you could send us the actual database file, it is called

uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin

and is in:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

paste the above in Windows File Explorer to get to the real location.

If Asset is run as a service then it is:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alk630 View Post
    Arggghhh!! Neither Tag&Raname or mp3tag show the disc count, so how is the user supposed to know this?
    Are these files flac or mp3?

If they are flac, click customize columns... in MP3Tag and add a new column with Name = DiscTotal, Value = %disctotal% and Field = %disctotal%

Remember tagging mp3 and flac files differs due to the standards for ID3v2 and Vorbis Comments respectively.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Details sent to your e-mail as requested.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Are these files flac or mp3?

If they are flac, click customize columns... in MP3Tag and add a new column with Name = DiscTotal, Value = %disctotal% and Field = %disctotal%

Remember tagging mp3 and flac files differs due to the standards for ID3v2 and Vorbis Comments respectively.
    Hello mville... Thanks for the information about mp3Tag, all the files are FLAC. Do you know if there is a way to display this information in Tag&Rename too please?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alk630 View Post
    Do you know if there is a way to display this information in Tag&Rename too please?
    Sorry, no, I don't use Tag&Rename as MP3Tag supports all my tagging requirements.