title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error on every track on every disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeonMoonTunes
    • Oct 2014

Error on every track on every disc

I have been using dbpoweramp to rip thousands of Cds and today, with no changed having been made to the software settings or computer, I started getting errors on every track on every CD I try. Here is what the error report looks like:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\01 Pam Tillis - Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life).IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 01 - Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life).mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\02 Pam Tillis - Sweetheart's Dance.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 02 - Sweetheart's Dance.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\03 Pam Tillis - Calico Plains.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 03 - Calico Plains.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\04 Pam Tillis - When You Walk in the Room.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 04 - When You Walk in the Room.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\05 Pam Tillis - Spilled Perfume.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 05 - Spilled Perfume.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\06 Pam Tillis - I Was Blown Away.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 06 - I Was Blown Away.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\07 Pam Tillis - They Don't Break 'Em Like They Used To.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 07 - They Don't Break 'Em Like They Used To.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\08 Pam Tillis - In Between Dances.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 08 - In Between Dances.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\09 Pam Tillis - Better Off Blue.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 09 - Better Off Blue.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Doug\Music\Pam Tillis\Sweetheart's Dance\10 Pam Tillis - 'Til All the Lonely's Gone.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\Music Albums\Pam Tillis\1994 - Sweetheart's Dance\Pam Tillis - 10 - 'Til All the Lonely's Gone.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Can anyone help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error on every track on every disc

What is drive K? does it exist, can you write to it?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NeonMoonTunes
      • Oct 2014

Drive K is an external USB drive containing all of my MP3 files. I am able to write to it.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

For what ever reason dBpoweramp is not able to write to it, this is external to dBpoweramp, if you set the ripping path as your music folder on c:, it will start working again. Perhaps a permissions issue, or security software issue.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NeonMoonTunes
          • Oct 2014

The odd thing about this is I have ripped over 10,000 CDs to that same drive and never had a problem until yesterday. Nothing has been changed on the software or hardware. I ripped a CD all went fine. The next CD and I started getting the error. Now I get the error on all CDs.

Comment

• RonM
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2008

I've had a similar problem when I started using an external hard drive on a remote server, to which I rip CDs. In the past I was using the internal drive on the remote server with no problems.

I got exactly the same error messages, but sometimes I didn't. Turns out that the drive I was using has a sleep function (a good thing, since the music server is on 24/7, but not often used during various times of day). A query to the drive (e.g. looking at the file structure from Windows Explorer) wakes it up, but the write request from dBp does not. Therefore the error messages.

The solution was to precede my ripping with a query to the drive using Explorer, a simple opening of part of the directory tree, to see the music files, say. This started the drive, and then I could rip with no problems.

This is a minor annoyance, and it would be good if the write request from dBp were to start the drive. But it is manageable.

Try this strategy, see if it works, and if it does perhaps something in your routine had changed.

R.

Comment

Working...

]]>