title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting? from itunes to dbpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drivit
    • Oct 2014

converting? from itunes to dbpoweramp

My library is all flac on my old XP hard drive in itunes, can i extract it from itunes into/with dbpoweramp and onto my new windows 8 hard drive?
    I can see the files but don't want to download itunes, want dbpoweramp instead.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting? from itunes to dbpoweramp

iTunes would not normally play flac, are you sure these files are flac?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by drivit
      My library is all flac on my old XP hard drive in itunes, can i extract it from itunes into/with dbpoweramp and onto my new windows 8 hard drive?
      I can see the files but don't want to download itunes, want dbpoweramp instead.
      As Spoon said, they wouldn't be .flac files if you created or used them iTunes. (iTunes doesn't even recognize .flac files.) But if you're just mistaken about the file type, and we are talking about your old iTunes library, you can simply copy them from the old hard drive into your new computer. Don't move the whole iTunes folder....just the music files within the Media\Music subfolder. dBpoweramp doesn't really play any kind of role in moving files this way. (One caveat: If these are old iTunes protected files, you'll be limited in your ability to play them in anything but Apple devices that are authorized in your iTunes account. And dBp can't convert them to non-protected files.)

Just for clarity, keep in mind that dBp is not an alternative to iTunes as a music player. Rather, it's a suite of programs for creating digital music files from your CDs and for converting the file format of your existing digital music files.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

For a "player" for your files to replace itunes, I suggest foobar2000. I use that, with the facets component, to create a similar interface to itunes (with more flexibility and the ability to play FLAC files).

Comment

Working...

]]>