title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP used along with NP30

Asset UPnP used along with NP30

Hi, I'm a newbie with Asset UPnP, nevertheless bought it some two month ago. - And have the following problem:

The NP30 works fine with MS Media Player's play lists and else, - and I can also see the Asset UPnP within the Media Player under 'other libraries'. I can see Asset UPnP also with the NP30 an can select it also, - but all this is of no use somehow. I'm unable to create play lists under Asset UPnP (in the media player.
    Does Asset UPnP require the MS Media Player or can it run as a stand alone application interacting with NP30? When I decided to buy I actually thought it a stand alone app!
    Please can you instruct on how to use Asset UPnP with NP30 effectively. Please advice the first steps ...
    thx & rgds
    Peter

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP used along with NP30

Asset does not require MS Media Player, it is a stand alone UPnP server.

> I can see Asset UPnP also with the NP30 an can select it also, - but all this is of no use somehow

How it is of no use?

Well, it's good to notice that Asset UPnP is a stand alone app not requiring the MS media player !!! glad about that.

But the only application I've been able to trace in the windows7 program group after installation of Asset UPnP is the Asset UPnP Control app. But as mentioned in my previous post it shows some up in the media player under libraries, - why?

Please can you tell me where I can find Asset UPnP on my PC/program group? Is it maybe necessary to run Asset UPnP as administrator only. On my win7 PC I've several user accounts and Asset UPnP is supposed to run under a user account with no admin privileges.

I mean: it's of no use in the media player's library! I didn't manage to control anything there with Asset uPnP. And, as mentioned below, today. I've found on my HDD under 'Asset UPnP Configuration' file only. Nothing like Asset.exe of Setup files.

Please help ...

thx

Administrator

Windows media player shows any UPnP servers, so this indicates Asset is working correctly as Windows Media Player is detecting it. There is no need to change how asset is running. On the NP30, you need to select a Asset as the server, not Windows Media Player.

Thx Spoon for your answer! - But regrettably you didn't answer my questions, sorry to say.

Again: my problem is, after installing Asset UPnP I can find under the &*8216;start button&*8217;, &*8216;all programs&*8217; only an Asset folder containing &*8220;Asset UPnP Configuration&*8221; and &*8220;Asset UPnP Help&*8221;, - nowhere an Asset program start, an Asset application i.e. a graphical user interface (MS media player like) where I can manage playlists and else. Maybe I had not properly installed Asset, I don&*8217;t know, but I tried installation twice with the problem remaining. Even, when I start &*8220;Asset UPnP Configuration&*8221; I&*8217;m getting asked for the administrator password. - Strange, shouldn't it be available seamlessly for any win7 account ?!!!

The whole situation is quite annoying to me, after I&*8217;ve bought Asset. Pls. kindly elaborate a little more on a solution for me &*8230;

thx
    Peter

Administrator

Asset does not have a GUI like Windows Media Player, it is not the type of program Asset is. It runs in the background and makes your music available over UPnP.

... thx Spoon, OK!, understanding all your answers now, one more question: Is it possible to establish playlists with Asset, which allow me to play music files compiled across folders in a sequence defined by me ??? !!!

Administrator

That is the control point which would create playlists.