title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple Track Albums

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Multiple Track Albums

Lately when ripping albums with more than one disc, after ripping the first all the following rip as single tracks plus the album. This is new maybe with 15, how can I rip just albums ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multiple Track Albums

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdn View Post
    Lately when ripping albums with more than one disc, after ripping the first all the following rip as single tracks plus the album. This is new maybe with 15, how can I rip just albums ?
    please clarify. What do you mean by "rip as single tracks plus the album"?????

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I get the album in a folder with all tracks which is what I want but in addition I get the individual tracks, each with cover art. I don't want the individual tracks. Strange the individual tracks only happen when there are multiple discs in the album, ie after ripping the first disc. Hope this helps.

dBpoweramp Guru

I get the album in a folder with all tracks which is what I want but in addition I get the individual tracks, each with cover art. I don't want the individual tracks. Strange the individual tracks only happen when there are multiple discs in the album, ie after ripping the first disc. Hope this helps.
    do you mean you are ripping the albums to CUE files (so there is one file containing all the tracks)? Otherwise, all albums are always ripped as individual tracks making up an album (if the album has 12 tracks, it rips 12 individual songs, and they show up in one subdirectory (album name). I'm not a cue file user so not much help in that regard. If there is more than one disk, one would end up with TWO cue files I'm guessing (as a CUE file typically represents a single DISK).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am not doing CUE I don't believe, your second example I believe. In looking at the file structure it looks like individual tracks per album, ie correct. I'm running MinimServer, maybe it's an index Tag issue. I'll post there, thks, you might have put me on the right track.

dBpoweramp Guru

I am not doing CUE I don't believe, your second example I believe. In looking at the file structure it looks like individual tracks per album, ie correct. I'm running MinimServer, maybe it's an index Tag issue. I'll post there, thks, you might have put me on the right track.
    There are only two possible ways to rip an album: (1) separate tracks and (2) a single CUE file. I suspect what you have is a tagging issue and/or a player "display" issue rather than a ripper issue so I suspect asking at the other forums may be useful.