title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Meta Data Problems

Meta Data Problems

The metadata fills in correctly with CD Ripper, but not with the batch ripper. I'm also having trouble setting up the folder structure for multi-disc sets. All the flac files are saved into one folder, and there is no disc number assigned. Most of these titles are classical music. I need some assistance.

Administrator

Re: Meta Data Problems

Batch Ripper comes with no GD3 lookups, and once you use the 400 free lookups then AMG is disabled also (note these are the rules of the metadata companies, not ours).

You can change the naming using Batch Ripper >> Edit (profile), set the naming to default.

I have this same problem can i change or fix this somehow. Doesn't seem to matter if i have meta data lookups. Just wont store the multi disc collections correctly if I use batch ripper but they show up correctly on the CD ripper. If i manually load them one at a time they work fine in ripper but the batch ripper always put them into one folder instead of a folder per disc. HELP please.

Administrator

It will be the naming being used, in Batch Ripper click 'edit' next to profile, update the naming section then close CD Ripper.

I am happy to report my initial success using the Batch Ripper with a VGP-XL1B. My trial 'batch' was only 6 CDs, but they ran through with, almost, no problems.

And, actually, the ripping did go without a problem. However, one of the CDs was assigned the wrong metadata... The CD, specifically, was a CBS Records Masterworks CD of Glenn Gould performing the Goldberg Variations. The metadata that showed up was completely unrelated.

So, keeping in mind that I'm new to 'ripping', and just starting to use dbpoweramp, and that I already searched for answers to this question (and probably don't even know how to specify a proper search for this, given my inexperience with the product and the process), could someone tell me how to correct the metadata for an erroneous entry like this?

Thanks.

- s.west

Administrator

You would have to manually Rip in CD Ripper, then select Review Metadata.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to manually Rip in CD Ripper, then select Review Metadata.
    Very helpful. Ok.

While I have your ear, I have a related question. There are metadata editors out there, I think (keep in mind that I am just starting to learn about this whole process, so feel free to correct any misapprehension I appear to have, or misstatement that I actually make ;-), but I have not seen, within dbpoweramp, such an editor. Is that correct? And is re-ripping, singly, the alternative to that?

Thanks.

- s.west

Administrator

dBpoweramp has a Tag editor, select the files >> Right click >> Edit ID Tags

If you install PerfectTUNES it has a much better tag editor.

So, I put the problematic CD in my regular drive, the autorun popup offered to rip it with dBpoweramp, I said Yes, and it immediately acquired the correct album art, and track info.

I have seen some of the postings about lookups and I'm wondering what the correct thing to do is, going forward? With batch ripping am I at the mercy of some deficient lookup service?

- s.west

Administrator

Batch Ripper only uses the AMG And GD3 databases if you add lookups (these services charge per disc for Batch Ripper).

Thanks. I think I understand now (particularly the difference between the single-rip program and the batch-rip program)

- s.west