title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Duplicate Titles

Duplicate Titles

Hi
    I've got an issue I could do with some help on. My music library is entirely classical and each composer name has its own folder on my PC and the albums are in folders in the next level down, e.g., Beethoven\Beethoven Symphony No. 5 etc. There are no duplicate composer folders and all the tracks in each album are catalogued with identical formatting throughout using MP3Tag software. I am using a Naim network streamer and its associated app to control the system. The issue is that on the app (and on the media streamer in the TV) there are composers that are listed twice in the a - z list. I have checked the cataloguing and tagging and I can find nothing that accounts for why some albums show under one composer's name heading and others show under a duplicate heading when all the albums under that composer's name are in the one folder on the PC where they are stored and have no differences in the tag formatting.
    In the Asset advanced settings page, I have the "combine duplicate and similar artists" check box ticked.
    I am running Windows XPSP3.

If someone can give me some pointers I would be very grateful.

Administrator

Re: Duplicate Titles

They must have a sort value.

By default asset shows a composer in its sorted and unsorted location, so twice.

Thumbs up Re: Duplicate Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    They must have a sort value.

By default asset shows a composer in its sorted and unsorted location, so twice.
    Thanks Spoon. I've now selected "Use sort to order display" and the issue has disappeared.:smile2: