title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD with no MetaData

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Grim_Ripper
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2014

CD with no MetaData

Hi,

I've purchased a CD, Delta Saints Live at the Exit/In, and when i put the CD in the computer not one piece of metadata is found. The CD was purchased from american as it doesn't seem like its for sale in the UK.

I entered in all the details and ripped the disc. Not in AR but a green secure tick. When i listened it had 2 seconds pauses after each track. Very frustrating. I'm using Kinsky as i have a Linn DS. When i put the CD in the car it also paused for 2 seconds, but not sure that is the config. Winamp put pauses in but MediaMonkey is fine. I brought the latest version of DBpoweramp yesterday and i'm using Windows 7, 64bit.

Is there away to get the metadata ? I would have thought at least one database would pick up the details.
    Is there a way to rip it without the gaps and why is this not working automatically. The CD is an original pressing.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD with no MetaData

The gaps are likely encoded into the audio, for a CD to have no metadata and no AR result, is possible the CD is a copy?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2014

It doesn't look like a copy, i.e. a CD-R.
      If i put on CD-Text it does populate the metadata. But would i not see something in a metadata database ?
      Even when i rip it with the CD-Text i still get the gaps between the tracks. Is xAR and Secure(Tick) not the best other than an accuraterip?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

> Is xAR and Secure(Tick) not the best other than an accuraterip?

Yes, this uses the drive to self verify.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2014

Thanks. Is it common not to have a cd in accuraterip?

What can I do about my live album? Should I see metadata from an online database ? Is cd text as good? Also what about the gapless playback? Thanks spoon.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Even manually entered metadata is fine, AccurateRip has some 3m unique discs, but there will still be missing discs.

You can try a DSP effect to remove the silence at the end of the tracks, such as 'Trim Silence'
            Last edited by Spoon; 08-21-2014, 09:54 PM.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Aug 2014

Ok spoon I'll try that. Do you think that will make it flow like it should?

The cd came from the bands official site and was all wrapped up in celofain. The disc looks like an original from the bottom. Seems odd doesn't it that seems to have these gaps? Got me concerned there is something wrong with the disc. Can you be happy with a secure rip ? Apologies for all the questions.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If the disc is not in accuraterip, secure is the next best thing.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2014

Spoon, The cd came from the bands official site and was all wrapped up in celofain.

Seems odd doesn't it that seems to have these gaps? Got me concerned there is something wrong with the disc ?

Will the "trim silence" make it flow without the gaps ?

question on the side, if your had an accuraterip of 1 or above is that classed as perfect ?

If you had a strange noise on a track that had an accurate result of 8, would that mean that strange noise would be on other discs ?

Sorry for all the questions, just getting my head around DBPOWERAMP and how Accuraterip works.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Yes,
                    Yes,
                    Yes

(to your questions).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2014

Sorry spoon, those answer are to which questions, i had more than 3 !

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

>Seems odd doesn't it that seems to have these gaps? Got me concerned there is something wrong with the disc ?

Yes

>Will the "trim silence" make it flow without the gaps ?

Yes

>question on the side, if your had an accuraterip of 1 or above is that classed as perfect ?

Yes

>If you had a strange noise on a track that had an accurate result of 8, would that mean that strange noise would be on other discs ?

Yes
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Aug 2014

Could the gaps on the disc be the way that DBPOWERAMP has read it ? Could it be the replaygain setting causing an issue ?

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by The_Grim_Ripper
                            Could the gaps on the disc be the way that DBPOWERAMP has read it ? Could it be the replaygain setting causing an issue ?
                            replaygain setting has nothing to do with gaps or lack thereof. And dbpoweramp will rip what's on the disk, including gaps if they exist. dbpa never "adds" gaps. There are CD writers (as opposed to rippers) that can create disks that have added gaps of 1 or 2 seconds (and these gaps are not on the original CD). But again this is certain WRITERS and not how the dbpa RIPPER works. Sounds to me like the disk you have was created by a CD writer with "add gap between tracks" option turned ON. But these are definitely not being added by dbpa. I rip gapless CDs all the time with dbpa and they work perfectly with no special options to set in dbpa.

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Aug 2014

Hi Garym,

The CD came from the bands official website and was all wrapped in cellophane. The disc itself looks like a Normal disc not a CD-R or anything. So i don't understand.

Comment

Working...

]]>