title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: File Name: How change it to Track Number Song Title [w/o Artist Name]

Question File Name: How change it to Track Number Song Title [w/o Artist Name]

[At first, i thought this would be the simplest thing to change. And, then I started searching...]

All I want to do when ripping a CD, is have the file name be Track Number Song Title w/o the Artist Name that seems to be default. i.e. 01. Born to Run.mp3

Administrator

Re: File Name: How change it to Track Number Song Title [w/o Artist Name]

Change the naming to:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] - [title]

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: File Name: How change it to Track Number Song Title [w/o Artist Name]

If you really do want the file name to be just those two elements, you want an even simpler naming string:

[track]. [title]

You can alter that as desired. The naming string essentially just sets the layout for your file names....enclose the variable elements in brackets, and put any static elements, like punctuation, outside the brackets. Some examples:

[track]. [title] ->->->->->->->-> 01. Born to Run
    ([track]) [title] ->->->->->->--> (01) Born to Run
    [album] [track] - [title] ->->->--> Born to Run 01 - Born to Run

and so on. Just don't include any elements you don't want (things like the [album] or [artist] variables), and they won't be part of the file name. Note that the codec designation, i.e., mp3 or .flac or whatever, is included automatically.
    Last edited by BrodyBoy; 08-22-2014 at 12:03 AM.