title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help Me With Scanning Please

Help Me With Scanning Please

I'm new to Asset and Upnp in general. I have a tower PC running Windows 7 with an SSD for the operating system and a 3TB HDD installed in the tower for storage with all my music files in a folder on the drive labeled Music . I have an ethernet cable to my Denon X4000 AVR from my router and I have Asset Upnp installed on my wireless laptop also running Asset Control. Whenever I add a file to my collection I have to open configuration and Refresh All (which takes a while to do) to see the new file. I think maybe from reading this forum the problem is that the HDD isn't considered a "local drive". Is this correct, and if so is there a shortcut I can use to just detect the changes instead of scanning the whole folder all of the time? Thanks in advance for any help.

Administrator

Re: Help Me With Scanning Please

What about a Refresh Detecting Changes? does that find the track? (keep an eye on track numbers before and after scanning).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What about a Refresh Detecting Changes? does that find the track? (keep an eye on track numbers before and after scanning).
    When I run detect changes the folder shows up but its empty.

Administrator

Install Asset Control from here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Asset-Control

and see if that shows any files (when using Refresh Detecting Changes), it will allow you to browse asset.

Thank you for the help Spoon. I was using Asset Control before but I uninstalled it and did a new install per your link and it is working fine right now. I added a new folder and it showed up without even running a new scan :smile2: Is there a way for me to direct Asset Control to render Zone 2 on my Denon AVR as a player? Maybe I should start another thread since it's unrelated. Thanks again

Administrator

The denon should be controllable with asset control.

Thanks again for the help Spoon...I guess a direct connection to zone 2 isn't possible because the X4000 is definitely listed as a player but dividing it into zones is probably asking too much as it only has one Ethernet connection.