title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset is duplicating all of my music tracks - please help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel 66
    • Aug 2014

Asset is duplicating all of my music tracks - please help

Dear Forum Members

I've got Twonky installed on a QNAP TS-212 (2 x 2Tb Seagate disk 1 - 2 mirroring), which has been working well and I recently bought and installed Asset as well to see if it was a better system.

Twonky recognised the c1,200 albums and c17,000 tracks I've ripped/downloaded straight away, however Asset doesn't.

Asset is saying that there are 1,200 albums - correct - but is seeing c34,000 tracks - wrong ! I've tried all that I can to sort this out, but I have to admit that NAS settings are all a bit beyond me !

The only things that I'm thinking is that :

(i) as the discs mirror each other, is Asset reading the music folder on both discs (however wouldn't this mean that it would see c2,400 albums as well ?) or

(ii) is the NAS actually just backing up to the same disc which is why Asset is seeing 2 x each track ? or

(iii) is there something else ?

Any help or advice would be hugely welcomed as I'm at the end of my tether now, and really don't want to delete Asset and waste £22.

Thanks

Nigel
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset is duplicating all of my music tracks - please help

If you browse to an album in Asset it shows the tracks listed twice?

It is likely:

You have 2 paths set where asset is scanning,
    or within the path you have set, these files exist in 2 locations. The album count would not go up, because if you have track 1 of album xyz, and a duplicated track 1 of album xyz in a different location, both tracks will be added to the same album.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Nigel 66
      • Aug 2014

Thanks Spoon.

I've checked and I've only put one path in which is /home.

Is there a way of checking what's on the disc?

I have the NAS mapped as a Z: drive and when I look at it on my laptop it only shows one copy of each folder and track. Is there something that I can check on the NAS ?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

/home

is not a good path, because within this path Linux will have many redirects, such as there will be 2 folder locations which redirect to your music collection...

/share/Multimedia

or

/share/Qmultimedia

should be the folder you try, note Linux is case sensitive so you need the capital letters.

Did Asset not detect the above folder automatically?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Nigel 66
          • Aug 2014

It went to /share/Multimedia when I first installed it, but it detected just one track in music station as for some reason all of the other music that I've ripped has gone into Private Collection if that makes sense/a difference.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You are best moving the music to /share/Multimedia it is the designated point for audio on a qnap. If you want to use a non-standard location, you would have to SSH into the qnap and browse with the commands:

cd /
            ls
            cd [some folder]

until you find the location of your music, this will be the location of your music which can be typed into Asset. Note network shares and the real local location often have no correlation, in that you could have the location on the QNAP:

/home/mymusic/

which appears as a network share:

'Freds Music Collection'
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>