title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

QNAP UPnP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harry7272
    • Aug 2014

QNAP UPnP

I can't get playlists to work on my qnap ts-212

I've seen another thread suggesting that it is required to change the absolute path from:

/volumes/multimedia/iTunes/music
    to:
    /share/multimedia/iTunes/music

It's still not working. At all. Any suggestions? Spent hours on this and given that I'm not seeing much of an improvement (personally) from Twonky I'm wondering if I can get a refund...?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: QNAP UPnP

Sure, email your order number:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjbabbey
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2014

harry7272

Have you tried \\i.p. address\multimedia\iTunes\music ?

where i.p. address is your QNAP's address on your network e.g. 192.168.1.xx

Comment

• harry7272
        • Aug 2014

I haven't, no. I'm reticent to do it as well because what happens if there's an interruption to the router (power) etc and when on restart it assigns to another internal ip address. If have to manually update my 100 odd playlists again and again. I guess advanced users are able to prevent that, but it's already getting technical for me! Plus Twonky seems to manage with just /volumes so I'm wondering why asset doesn't?

Comment

• sjbabbey
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2014

Re: QNAP UPnP Playlists "Unable to Open Stream"

This has suddenly started happening to me too. I have Asset UPnP loaded on both my QNAP TS-421 and my HP PC.

Until a couple of days ago the playlists on my QNAP TS-421 were working fine but now the tracks show up in the play queue on my control point (nstream) but they won't play. The playlist files are correctly addressed and they will load from QNAP and play into foobar2000 on my PC. I have duplicates of the playlists and their music files on another mapped network drive (a WD MyBookLive) which will play in nstream if I switch over to The Asset UPnP loaded on my PC then I can play the playlist files without a problem. I have this issue whether I try to stream on my Unitiqute via my remote which gives the error "Can't Play - Unable to Open Stream" or my NDS via nstream which comes back with "Can't Play - Skipped Track". I've tried restarting my streamer and rebooting my QNAP but the problem persists.

Music files on my QNAP play without a problem via Asset, the problem is solely with my playlists.

Interestingly, the PC version of Asset takes a moment or two to connect to my WD MBL for the files and retrieves the artwork for the playlist files whereas the Asset loaded onto my QNAP shows the files but no artwork.
          Last edited by sjbabbey; 08-10-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• sjbabbey
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2014

Any help please?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If the files cannot be played then they do not exist at the location specified (relative to asset). Perhaps the IP address has changed.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjbabbey
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2014

the IP address hadn't changed but decided to look in asset configuration and copy filepath for the music files which was /share/Multimedia/Music. I've changed the m3u playlist for a few of these with the new directory location and they're working fine. I guess I was too hung up on foobar being able to play the playlists using the IP address rather than seeing how asset monitored them.

Many thanks for your help.

Steve

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If you arrange the playlists at the root of the music, then you do not need the full path, example:

you have a file:

/share/Multimedia/Music/somefolder/a.mp3

if your playlist is in:

/share/Multimedia/Music

it can simply have:

somefolder\a.mp3
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjbabbey
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2014