title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't see files (which are in fact there)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonM
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

Can't see files (which are in fact there)

A few months ago I bought a new computer, and hadn't set up CDWriter until now. I have reference 15 installed, the bought-and-paid-for version.

CDWriter insisted on installing in an incorrect folder, but I was eventually able to get it installed in the same folder as music converter. I'm now able to start CDWriter.

However, when I navigate to the location of the files I want to burn to an audio CD no files are recognized by CDWriter. They are there -- I can see them in Explorer and play them using any of the players I have. But they do not show up in the CDWriter dialog.

I have the same files in two separate locations on my computer, so I tried the other location. Exactly the same thing. NO MUSIC FILES ARE SEEN BY CDW AT ALL.

I'm using Win7 64bit.

Please help.

Ron
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't see files (which are in fact there)

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

you would have to force the 32 bit install of dBpoweramp, uninstall all dBpoweramp programs first.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RonM
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2008

Right, I'd forgotten that.

My problem is that most of my music files are in flac; I have a version of WinAmp (the free version) that won't burn at other than 2x speed, and there is no way to buy the full version at present; I'd use WMP, but it doesn't support flac. I resent having to buy something else.

What do I lose if I switch to 32 bit? Any other suggestions?

Comment

• RonM
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2008

Found Burrrn, which works ok, but is limited (e.g. only identifies one of my drives).

Would still like to know what I would lose by switching to 32 bit -- I use dBp for ripping with multi-encoder, but also for converting files (mainly downloaded flac to mp3). I'd think that for ripping the speed limitation would be the CD read; perhaps there would be some speed loss in converting files. Does 32 bit use all available processors like 64 bit does?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You do not lose anything installing 32 bit version.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>