title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Not Recognized

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobk
    • Jul 2014

CD Not Recognized

I just purchased dBpoweramp 1 hour ago and tried to rip my first CD, Little Feat's "Waiting For Columbus". The program insists that it's Pia Zadora "Let's Dance Tonight". I don't even own a Pia Zadora CD! It won't even recognize the correct song titles much less cover art. I'm at a loss. Please help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Not Recognized

Press the 'Review Metadata' button and see if the correct entry is listed there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bobk
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Press the 'Review Metadata' button and see if the correct entry is listed there.
      That's the first thing I tried. How can I search the web? AMG is the only engine returning data (Pia Zadora).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is not possible to search the web. This CD which is listed as another CD, as CDs do not contain metadata, it is returned from the internet, and the track lengths are used, this 2nd CD must have identical lengths to the other CD it returns.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Hmmm. That's a common cd so it *should* be found. But worst case just manually edit the tags before or after ripping. I assume it is working properly for other CDs? If not, I'm suspecting something is blocking your metadata retrieval. Do you get several columns filled when you review metadata on other common disks.

Comment

• bobk
            • Jul 2014

You are correct, garym. I ripped the RHINO version of WFC and it worked perfectly. The one that I'm having problems with is the MFSL version. The track sequence is different from the standard versions of this album and maybe that is causing the issues. It just happened to be the first CD I tried to rip! Thank you for your help.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

got it. You may just have to manually enter metadata. by the way, I love the WFC album. I used to see Little Feat live back in the early 1970s when Lowell George was still alive. what a fantastic band.

Comment

Working...

]]>