title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot install m4a codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Jul 2013

Cannot install m4a codec

I've been an occasional but happy user of db poweramp for many years now and still on R12. I use it mostly for converting files to apples AAC and ALAC.

I've had big problems with my PC these last few days and had to do a lot of reinstalling etc.

For one reason or another, I no longer have the option to convert to Apple formats.

I've tried downloading the m4a codec from Codec Central but I get an error message "Error whilst running C:\program files\dbpoweramp\dbConfig.exe"

Is anyone able to help please? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot install m4a codec

It is trying to install the 64 bit version, it will do this if it cannot find the 32 bit installer record, uninstall R12, then reinstall, then uninstall the m4a codec, then reinstall.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• keiron99
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is trying to install the 64 bit version, it will do this if it cannot find the 32 bit installer record, uninstall R12, then reinstall, then uninstall the m4a codec, then reinstall.
      Thanks. I followed your instruction to the letter but still get the same error message :(

I should add, that I am currently running Windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

When running the installer for the m4a codec, hold down the right key to force the 32bit install:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>