title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Various artist compilations show up in artist list even though deselected

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pafal
    • Jul 2014

Various artist compilations show up in artist list even though deselected

I am running Asset 4.3 on a QNAP Intel NAS.

I have deselected that discs with various artists (They have the tag ITUNESCOMPILATION=1) should not show up under artists in the configuration.
    They still do and I am therefore wondering how Asset detects a disc with "various artists". Is there another tag that needs to be set?
  • pafal
    • Jul 2014

Re: Various artist compilations show up in artist list even though deselected

After a days trial and error I have come to the following conclusion.

Asset uses the COMPILATION=1 tag to determine if it is a CD with many artists. This works on Asset for QNAP.

The setting "[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks" does not relate to not showing a compilation CD in the regular list of artists. I have misinterpreted the meaning of this setting. This means that I am still looking setting to keep artists from Various Artists compilations from showing up in the artists list and only be show when browsing compilations. Is this possible?

I am also not able to get any change in behaviour when using the setting "[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks". Is there anything more needed then the COMPILATION=1 tag?
    Last edited by pafal; 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>