title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newest version problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitlee
    • Jul 2014

Newest version problems

I just recently downloaded the latest version and now all I get are errors everytime I try to rip a cd, is there something i'm missing in the setup or could it be that my drive is crap, this is the first time I have used dbpoweramp on this computer they same cd's ripped with no errors on my laptop running version 14.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Newest version problems

On the error page is a 'copy to clipboard' button, click it please and paste the errors here.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• whitlee
      • Jul 2014

This is what i get with any cd i put in the drive and try to rip

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\02 Chris Botti - Italia.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 12895 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 38007) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\03 Chris Botti - Venice.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 38111 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 58332) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\05 Chris Botti - The Mission-Gabriel's Oboe.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 80350 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 99575) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\04 Chris Botti - The Very Thought of You.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 58332 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 80350) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\01 Chris Botti - Once Upon a Time in America-Deborah's Theme.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 7696 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 12895) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\06 Chris Botti - I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 101109 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 113857) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\07 Chris Botti - Caruso.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 114611 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 131815) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\10 Chris Botti - Ave Maria.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 173120 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 199065) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\09 Chris Botti - It Never Entered My Mind.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 151065 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 173042) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\08 Chris Botti - The Way You Look Tonight.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 138757 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 151065) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\12 Chris Botti - Nessun Dorma.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 218124 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 234832) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\Lee\Music\Chris Botti\Italia\11 Chris Botti - Estaté.flac'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 204603 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 217552) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Set the ripping method to Burst, does that work?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• whitlee
          • Jul 2014

It was set for burst, tried secure and got the same results.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Did anything else change? such as new Windows install, or new motherboard? because this error is with the CD drive, not the program controlling the CD drive. Try right click on CD Ripper >> Run as Administrator.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• whitlee
              • Jul 2014

Doesn't seem to matter how i run it, it starts out ripping the first track and at about 50% it starts to error and just goes through all the tracks, i uninstalled it and re-installed and got the same result, it was never on this machine before which is running vista 32 bit, i had version 14 on the laptop and upgraded it and everything works fine on it, any suggestion would be appreciated cd seem to play fine on the drive with power dvd, if i try to play the cd using cd ripper it does a lot of skipping and eventually stops playing.

Comment

• keithbaran
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by whitlee
                Doesn't seem to matter how i run it, it starts out ripping the first track and at about 50% it starts to error and just goes through all the tracks, i uninstalled it and re-installed and got the same result, it was never on this machine before which is running vista 32 bit, i had version 14 on the laptop and upgraded it and everything works fine on it, any suggestion would be appreciated cd seem to play fine on the drive with power dvd, if i try to play the cd using cd ripper it does a lot of skipping and eventually stops playing.
                Hi Whitlee, I had a very similar problem several years ago. The CD would rip and play with other software. I did purchase a better CD ROM and everything was fine ever since.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It suggests a hardware issue, perhaps go into the bios and change the mode for the sata control that the cd drive is connected to.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• whitlee
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by keithbaran
                    Hi Whitlee, I had a very similar problem several years ago. The CD would rip and play with other software. I did purchase a better CD ROM and everything was fine ever since.
                    Can you tell me the brand or model number of the drive you put in.

Comment

• whitlee
                      • Jul 2014

Could some one please give a brand/model of a good external cd drive that will work well with this software, that would allow me not to have to tear apart the system to put in a new internal drive.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• keithbaran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by whitlee
                        Could some one please give a brand/model of a good external cd drive that will work well with this software, that would allow me not to have to tear apart the system to put in a new internal drive.

Thanks in advance!
                        Any good CD/DVD player will work. When I commented on a new player I meant something was wrong with my CD/DVD, it was a bigger issue than configuration. Mine was old and rather try to dig for the problem I just purchased a new Sony optical drive. Then everything was right as rain.

Comment

Working...

]]>