title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata - "Taken From Cache" question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 80s4ever
    • Jul 2014

Metadata - "Taken From Cache" question

Hey folks,

I just started using CD Ripper a few days ago.

It's been ripping CDs fine. And, when I started, I was able to click on "Review Metadata" before ripping a CD, and it would show me a metadata comparison page with data from 2 or 3 or 4 different sources, depending on the CD.

My issue is - for the last few CDs - the program hasn't shown any choices for metadata. The metadata comparison screen only has the current-values column. No columns of data from any source are displayed. And the title of the window says

"dBpoweramp CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review ** Metedata Taken From Cache **"

- Where is this Metadata cache, and why is it being used now (for my last 3 or 4 CDs) when I never saw it used before?

- How do I go back to being able to pick and choose different tags from different sources?

I usually find that no source gets all of the tracks correct. I usually have to pick 2 or 3 attributes from a different source than the default.
    (I'm importing lots of Various Artists CDs to start with - which is why I think errors are so common in the attribute tags from various sources...)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata - "Taken From Cache" question

If you reinsert a CD then it is taken from the cache, to get the choices again click the metadata button to get live again from the internet.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 80s4ever
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you reinsert a CD then it is taken from the cache, to get the choices again click the metadata button to get live again from the internet.
      That would make complete sense.

But it's not what happened. These were CDs I just received in the mail that day (never scanned before). And when I hit the metadata button again, it didn't do anything different.

I don't know why this happened, but it happened for 3 or 4 CDs in a row... And then everything went back to normal.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps you have CD Text enabled and these discs have CD text metadata.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>