title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem using dbpoweramp when destination is a network drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveg
    • Apr 2002

Problem using dbpoweramp when destination is a network drive

After using CDex for many years, I'm trying out dbpoweramp.
    Works fine apart from one thing. My file destination is a netwrok drive - e.g. \\server1\music\flac
    This works fine for the first CD I rip. With the next CD, it says it can't write the destination file. If I close and reopen dbpoweramp or even if I use windows explorer to just go to the destination drive, then it will work again.

Any idea what's going on??

(Note that there is NO problem with access to the network drive. It is in use all the time.)

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem using dbpoweramp when destination is a network drive

A network drive should be transparent to dbpoweramp, ie it should be the same as writing to a local drive. If dbpoweramp says it cannot access, then it is the network server which is refusing, not sure why, perhaps security software on your PC?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• steveg
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
      A network drive should be transparent to dbpoweramp, ie it should be the same as writing to a local drive. If dbpoweramp says it cannot access, then it is the network server which is refusing, not sure why, perhaps security software on your PC?
      Yes - that's what I would assume. But the network drive is serving up email, music and backup services all the time - and CDex has been saving to it happily for years.

I'll do some more experiments tomorrow and report back - it's bound to be something I'm doing wrong!

Steve

Comment

• steveg
        • Apr 2002

This is all very weird.
        If I open Windows Explorer and look at the destination file first, then dbPoweramp works. Otherwise, it says it can't write.

Every other program on the client can read and write to that folder completely consistently - indeed to anywhere else on that server share. Not surprising as the permissions are 'Full control' for 'Everyone'!
        Configured cdex to write to the same folder on the server it it works every time!

I've been at IT professional for 20 years and I've never come across as inconsistent a problem as this one!

Steve

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try right click on CD Ripper >> Run as Administrator.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• steveg
            • Apr 2002

Latest discovery is that it appears to work fine IF I map the shared drive!

i.e.
            a save path of \\Server1\mp3\flac displays the problem I'm talking about
            a save path of Z:\flac works perfectly where Z: is mapped to \\Server1\mp3

I really can't explain that one!!

Steve

Comment

Working...

]]>