title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Purchased AMG lookups disappeared after upgrade. Can they be restored?

Purchased AMG lookups disappeared after upgrade. Can they be restored?

I just upgraded from Win XP to Win 7 64-bit and from Batch Ripper 14.4 to v. 15.1, and my remaining AMG lookups don't show up. I think I still had about 200 purchased lookups left. Is there a way to restore remaining lookups? I'll need to purchase more anyway, but hate to lose 200 lookups...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Purchased AMG lookups disappeared after upgrade. Can they be restored?

You are probably best using the free 400 lookups on the new install.

I installed v 15.1 last night. When I look at the Meta Providers for Batch Ripper, it shows All Media Guide, but it says "Lookups Remaining: (none)" and then the Purchase button. If I Batch Rip a stack of CD's it pulls data (mostly without artwork) from freedB - never from AMG. How do I get the "free" 400 lookups for 15.1?

Administrator

Remove the username and password for AMG, then the free lookups should be restored.

If I go into the Meta settings in Batch Ripper, and click on Purchase next to AMG, then there's no username or password set. Is that located somewhere else?

Administrator

No it is there, if you have never used 400 lookups on that machine it should allow them.

The fields are blank. How do I "remove the username and password"?
    I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing, but same issue. Any other thoughts?

Administrator

Have the 400 free lookups been used on this machine before?

If 400 "free" lookups came with the upgrade from R14 to R15 64-bit, then no.

If "this machine" can be defined as new, since I just replaced the main OS drive and updated from XP to Win 7 64-bit, then no.

It's still the same rack-mounted chassis and CPU plus CD/DVD drives, but main drive and OS are new and I upgraded to 64-bit dbpoweramp R15.

I'm not a commercial operation - just someone trying to re-rip his entire CD collection, and I'm only 400-500 CD's from being finished.

I tried creating a new account, but lookups remaining = "none".
    I removed that username & password, but still lookups remaining = "none"

Can you please tell me if I was supposed to get 400 free lookups with the upgrade from R14 to R15, which was installed on a new system OS drive.

This back & forth communication is wasting time. If I don't get the 400 new lookups, AND I can't get back the approx. 200 paid lookups I had left on R14 and which didn't show up when I loaded R15, then I'll buy more lookups. I just hate wasting 200-400 lookups which I already paid for.

Administrator

400 free lookups are in Batch Ripper, which is independent to dBpoweramp (r14, r15, etc).

Email us please with reference to this thread and the email address used when creating the batch ripper account:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm