title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Uninstall 32-bit after updating to 64-bit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darryl R
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2014

Uninstall 32-bit after updating to 64-bit?

I recently upgraded to 15.1 (64-bit) from 14 (32-bit), and it appears the install left most of the old files intact. I'd like to remove the old files, and only have 15.1, but I know with some software you can get burned removing earlier versions after installing a later, as there may be dependencies.

What is the best way to do this? I'm thinking uninstall all, and only put 15.1/64-bit, but will this work, or are there dependencies on the old files?

Spoon documented scenarios where 32-bit is needed (e.g. CD Writer I believe), but those are not applicable to me.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Uninstall 32-bit after updating to 64-bit?

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall 64 bit
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Darryl R
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2014

Re: Uninstall 32-bit after updating to 64-bit?

I uninstalled all programs via Control Panel, then ran your clean program, and reinstalled 15.1 as directed. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>