title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Does PerfectTunes 1.7 have a virus?

Does PerfectTunes 1.7 have a virus?

Hi,

I just purchased PerfectTunes 1.7 and tried to install it on my PC with Windows 7 Pro with latest patches. I have Norton Antivirus running on the PC which indicates that it has removed a virus from PerfectTunes, and as a result Perfect Tunes cannot be started on the PC.

I attached a screen shot of the Norton screen I got which lists the virus name on the left.

Did anybody else have this problem and if yes, how did you fix it?

Thanks for your reply.
    Gerd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Does PerfectTunes 1.7 have a virus?

No Virus, just Norton with a false positive. In 15 years we have never supplied a virus once, yet virus checkers have flagged around 100 files as viruses...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No Virus, just Norton with a false positive. In 15 years we have never supplied a virus once, yet virus checkers have flagged around 100 files as viruses...
    Sorry, I did not mean to imply that you did.

I switched off Norton Antivirus and installed PerfectTunes again without a problem.

Thanks for your super fast reply.
    Gerd

read thread to the end and reply thereafter...:(
    Last edited by vunthom; 07-19-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Norton 360 still considers Perfectunes to be a security risk and removes it automatically. The reason stated is that it has very few users...
    How can this be avoided apart from switching to another security software?

Administrator

Try submitting to Norton the file.

Good Evening Spoon,

I too had the same issue with NIS and version 1.7 as mentioned by Gerd.
    I see what you mean by it was being flagged as very few users.
    I have submitted it to Norton and will reply back with their findings.
    I don't mean to offend either, I am just being cautious.

Regards,

Curly

I have Bitdefender 2015, scanned the download file, no issues. When I try to instal, it stops and bitdefender tells me it is disinfecting. I try adding the various destination folders to the exempt list but nothing. please help.

Administrator

You would have to contact Bitdefender for assistance, there is nothing we can do to get it to accept our virus free files...Which file is Bitdefender 'disinfecting'? I will add to:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...tware-Misshaps

I had this problem earlier this month (Dec 2014) with PerfectTunes 1.7. Norton Internet Security quarantined albumart.exe.

Happily, I was able to submit a "false positive" report to Symmantec and they acted on it!

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

D67F2A920F7870F54B8D8AF1AEE4BE97 - AlbumArt.exe

The updated detection(s) will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at http://securityresponse.symantec.com....download.html

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving landscape.

If you are a software vendor, why not take part in our whitelisting program?
    To participate in this program, please complete the following form: https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist