title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edit ID Tags Error with Qobuz FLACs

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Edit ID Tags Error with Qobuz FLACs

Thanks Gary. I'll try it out.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl R View Post
    Thanks Gary. I'll try it out.
    might have same issue with these FLAC files, but can't hurt to try.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I recently discovered I also get the same error when I try to use the [ID-Tag Update] conversion on a FLAC file from Qobuz, but the attempted conversion also destroys the metadata in the file I'm trying to convert.

Can we put some priority on this fix? I don't think it's proper to tell a customer a bug may be fixed some number of months in the future, and that it may not, which not only makes a fix unlikely any time soon, but puts the burden on me to track this over many months.
    Last edited by Darryl R; 09-14-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Administrator

The bug is in the file its self, it is corrupted (in the ID Tag) this is causing the offical flac libraries to crash (which are used on millions of computers without issues). It is quite unique what you have (a file which can trigger the crash).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The bug is in the file its self, it is corrupted (in the ID Tag) this is causing the offical flac libraries to crash (which are used on millions of computers without issues). It is quite unique what you have (a file which can trigger the crash).
    I would agree this is unique to Qobuz (AFAIK at this time), but it does happen on EVERY Qobuz file. They are the best classical source I know, and I shop all the sources. I'm not the first to report this problem. I know of at least two other posts on it in various forums.

Was some additional diagnosis done on this problem since our last exchange, to reach this conclusion? It sounds as though you are dismissing the problem. I really wish you and Qobuz would work together to get to the bottom of this. It may in fact be that Qobuz is distributing files with corrupted data, but can we say that with absolute certainty, and at what position in the files, in EVERY file they sell? Keep in mind that despite the ugly message boxes, dbpa does in fact write the changes to the file. You just have to step through about 2 message boxes for every file before it settles down. And now, I found the ID Tag conversion process completely blows out.

Would you be willing to cooperate with Qobuz? This would be a good thing for the community. I'm going to forward them a link to this thread. But I suspect they will not have resources for detailed diagnosis.
    Last edited by Darryl R; 09-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Administrator

We take all outstanding bugs seriously, even the little ones, it has been stated it will be looked at for the next beta of dBpoweramp.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The product garym recommended, Mp3tag, edits the Qobuz files without error.

I suspect Qobuz simply distributes product they receive from the labels.

Here is another thread on the same problem: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ighlight=qobuz
    Last edited by Darryl R; 09-15-2014 at 03:46 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The Mp3tag editor garym recommended edits the Qobuz FLAC tags without error.

FOR THE MODERATOR: I attempted to post 2 messages with http links, but they appear to have gone into a moderator approval queue somewhere. Please delete those posts, as they are now redundant.

Administrator