title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Information logs vs Error Logs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srpg
    • Jul 2014

Information logs vs Error Logs

Hi, After gradually converting most of my CD's over the last few years I've been using dBpoweramp to test convert the integrity of all my music files, which are about 50:50 MP3/Flac. (about 115,000 Files, so its taking a few days, even at >400x encoding speed!)
    Anything with an error log, so far only about 12 CD's worth, I delete and re convert from CD etc.
    However I'm getting a large amount of info logs (almost 1000 and I'm only up to Artists starting with an H) e.g.:

Information converting to Test Conversion, 'E:\Music\Cream\Those_Were_the_Days-4CD-FLAC-1997\102_Cream_-_I_Feel_Free-OBSERVER.flac' to 'E:\Music\Cream\Those_Were_the_Days-4CD-FLAC-1997\102_Cream_-_I_Feel_Free-OBSERVER.IGNORE'
    1 errors / information messages whilst decoding:
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_METADATA' in FLAC File 'E:\Music\Cream\Those_Were_the_Days-4CD-FLAC-1997\102_Cream_-_I_Feel_Free-OBSERVER.flac'

I've been searching for an explanation and have found suitable ones for all the actual error logs, but not so for these info logs.
    Are they relevant to the integrity of the files, and if so, do I need to re convert them all?
    Thanks for any advice
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Information logs vs Error Logs

It means that there is no metadata chunk in the flac file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• srpg
      • Jul 2014

Thanks for the help, does that mean the tags etc are stored in the .cue or .m3u files in the same folder?
      Is there any way to recode the flac files to absorb that metadata.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I am not sure, dBpoweramp will not read .cue

the m3u would not have complete tags anyhow.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• srpg
          • Jul 2014

Ahh... that make more sense, thanks.

So apart from a possible lack of metadata actually integrated into the flac file, perhaps due to using a .cue file instead, the flac file itself is ok, if no actual error logs = file integrity is ok?

If that is the case, then since JRiver (my media player), seems to have found all the metadata it needs for those files; I've nothing to worry about?

Appreciate the help.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I would convert those flac files >> FLAC and then this issue should go.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• srpg
              • Jul 2014

Will do, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...

]]>